Ashley
Durham (North Carolina)

France

Where would you go if you had 10 days in France?

Headed to France this coming May. We will definitely be visiting Paris and Lyon. If you had 10 days, where would you go and what would you do? I'm on a moderate budget, and I want to see some of the touristy spots, but I also want to get far away from them if I can. I like good food and good wine. Any day hike recommendations would be welcome as well!

Ragan from Nebraska

Mt St Michel

Moet Chandon cellarsMetz cathedral

Ashley, 

Boy, that is a hard question! We have been to Paris twice. The first time we spent 4 days in Paris walked, and walked and walked! We had this whole is the wall dirt cheap room.. It wasn't the best but was located in the Odéon – Théâtre de l'EuropeOdéon metro area and the St. Germaine and on top of the restaurant shown in the movie 'midnight in Paris' ..it did the job and we stayed there both times but after the last one we decided time to move up..then we rented a car at the airport and drove to Metz. The drive was beautiful! If you want the quick way take the toll road, we took the side roads which if you have a good map is easy! We found lovely towns and cafés, some on purpose some not! Metz is so beautiful! With a cathedral to out do Notre dame! On our way back to Paris we drove thru the champagne region and went to the Moët & Chandonhome of the Dom Perignon and did some taste testing! The other city was Rheims, the cathedral there was another stunner! Joan d'arc is buried there and all kings up to good ole whatsisface were crowned there worth a few days! The very next year our son and youngest daughter came with us and we did the same with 4 days in Paris ..we walked and walked and walked! But we love it and are talking about going again! We headed to Normandy Beach and Mont Saint-Michel this time..what another just beautiful drive! The towns and the people..oh! My! i wish we had had more time in France but we had to move on to London! I really don't think anywhere in France you would be disappointed..just go and see where the urge takes you! Oh! And Château De Versailles! Just a train ride away! But a tip..go to the gardens while everyone else is waiting in line for the chateau ..then in the afternoon do the chateau when every body else is in the garden! Enjoy!

1. Odéon – Théâtre de l'Europe (attraction)
  2. Metz (city)
  3. Moët & Chandon (attraction)
  4. Normandy Beach (hotel)
  5. Mont Saint-Michel (attraction)
  6. Château De Versailles (attraction)

John from Carlsbad (California)

I would spend at least 4 nights in Paris and 2 nights in Lyon. You could get an apartment in Paris for 7 nights and spend the other three in Lyon.  If you want to see more areas, I would suggest adding one or more of the following:  Les Baux-de-Provence (car needed),  Aix-en-Provence, Nice or next door in Villefranche-sur-Mer, one of my favorite places.You could fly into Paris and out of Nice or if you stay in Lyon, take the TGV back to Paris for the return flight.

2. Lyon (attraction)
  3. Les Baux-de-Provence (city)
  4. Aix-en-Provence (city)
  5. Nice (city)
  6. Villefranche-sur-Mer (city)

Melissa

The walled city of Saint-Malo, Mont Saint-Michel (Britany) and the Normandy area are beautiful.  There are obvious tourist destinations there but it is not crowded like Paris and the people there are wonderful.

1. Saint-Malo (city)
  2. Mont Saint-Michel (attraction)
  3. Normandy (region)

Nassim

I Ashley, I think a good choice is to come to Lyon. It's a beautiful city. I live in Lyon,tell me exactly when you are coming and your budget i can give you the local spot!

1. Lyon (attraction)