Hi, It's pretty difficult to get a working visa for France but if you can get one, it's a good place to live and work.
Here are some reasons:
- Health insurance it's an important asset, if you compare it with US, it's a 5 star service...
- If you are unemployed the state will give you money the time you will find a new one,
- If you do not have too much money because of a low salary, the state will help you to get somewhere to live (money or / and social apartment)
- You will have an great percentage of your salary when you will be retired
- The country is very secured
- Flight ticket for europe are cheap because of low cost airlines
- Famous restaurant and amazing food,
- Beautiful landscapes, and historical monument to visit, everything is full of history, more than 2000 years of history to endurstand, Paris was created 58BC.
- Some country services will be picked up directly from your salary, like health insurance, retirement allocations, unemployed allocation, familly allocation etc. If you negociate a salary of 40k€/year (called brut salary) you will really have in your pocket 30k€/year (called net salary). You have to know that every salary is negociate as "brut" salary.
- You will have to had on the previous taxes salary taxes wich correspond to one salary per year so it's gonna be 30k€ / 12.
- Depending of what kind of job you are looking for, you will have more or less difficulties, for example in IT (if you have a working visa) you will find a job in a week, if you are blacksmith, farmer or some other manual job... it's gonna be more difficult you might never find one because you do not speak French (just guessing)
- Life is a little bit more expensive than in US (I don't know about Chile)
So if you do not have a working visa here is what's gonna happend:
- You will have to send thousand of cover letters and resumes you might have an answer one day and I'm using might at purpose...
- If someone send you an anwser, the company will have to prove that no one in France have the same competences and it takes 6 month, so you really need tto have strong competences in a specific domain (Phd might help)
- Then you will have a job in France congrat.
If you want moutain and live cheap, you can try to get a job in PauYou have to know that if you want to get a working visa, it can be easier to get it in a company based in Paris.
You might want to check those websites (all of those are official websites from the french government):
After almost two years living in US, I feel like France is a way better because of health insurance and you do not need a car to go everywhere but that's my personal opinion.
I hope all those infos helped you.