Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Fort Myers for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Fort Myers and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Fort Myers is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Fort Myers (Florida)

Deborah from Fort Myers

Crowne Plaza Fort Myers At Bell Tower Shops if you have a car. Hotels in downtown Fort Myers if you want to walk but be cautious at night. Hotels at the Fort Myers beach if you want the beach though it is a good 20-45 minutes away. For an inexpensive hotel, La Quinta Inn & Suites Bonita Springs Naples North on Cleveland avenue. Fort Myers is many different things so get out and explore. 

Breeze
South Fort Myers. Has everything you need and 15 mins to beaches.

Perialwayz
Central Ft Myers is not the greatest area to stay in. I would stay close to the airport or near the Gateway (Florida) area.

1. Gateway (Florida) (point of interest)
Kristi from Fort Myers
If you don't mind paying, Crowne Plaza Fort Myers At Bell Tower Shops off of 41 is literally in the middle of everything. A little further south is InTown Suites Extended Stay Fort Myers FL they are old but clean and friendly and have excellent prices if you stay a week at a time. Off colonial is WoodSpring Suites Fort Myers Southeast which is decent and further north but in a centralized area out that way.