Camille

Fort Lauderdale

What are the 3 best beaches in Fort Lauderdale?

Going to be in Fort Lauderdale this summer for the first time and our plan is to beach it! It looks like there are quite a few--what are the must see beaches and what makes them different from one another?

Terry from Sarasota

You absolutely have to start with Fort Lauderdale Beach Park, where you will find excellent parking (if you get there early), a huge number of shady trees, and grills & picnic tables for anyone to utilize.  There are no beaches like this one !

For number two, it is a bit of a tossup between Hollywood Beach and North Ocean Park, but I guess I would recommend Hollywood Beach. They are both off the tourist path, and are very family friendly. Use Google to investigate their unique characteristics.

For third, I would suggest Delray Beach, this is a bit north of Ft. Lauderdale, but it is a nice sized beach with restaurants in the area, some shopping, and it is off the beaten path. 

1. Fort Lauderdale Beach Park (attraction)
  2. Hollywood Beach (attraction)
  3. North Ocean Park (attraction)
  4. Delray Beach (city)

1. Lauderdale By the Sea (city)

Marina from Fort Lauderdale

Hollywood Beach is a super busy area! But it's fun. I love walking down the boardwalk there, it's so cute! Lauderdale By the Sea is a cute, family area. The beaches are very clean here, it's one of my favorites! Dania Beach is much more quieter than the rest of the beaches. Very tranquil actually :)

1. Hollywood Beach (attraction)
  2. Lauderdale By the Sea (city)
  3. Dania Beach (city)