Bianca
Miami

Fort Lauderdale

Good cruise destinations that leave from Fort Lauderdale?

I've lived so close to Fort Lauderdale for so long, yet have never taken advantage of that huge port that's almost in our backyard.  Hoping to change that this fall!  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cruise line, ships, or destinations that I should look into?  I know that a lot of people travel to Fort Lauderdale from other states and even countries to take cruises, but I'm not even sure where to start looking.

I should add that I'm totally new to cruises and am actually taking my very first one from Seattle to Alaska this summer, so please excuse my very newbie question!  Thanks in advance! :)

Keith from Denver

Cruises are great!  I have a big appetite, so one of the parts that I love most about cruises is that all the food is included, and it's really good food, too.  The amenities are usually fantastic as well, as are the people who work aboard.

The two times that I've set sailed from Fort Lauderdale, it was to go to the Eastern Caribbean with Princess Cruise.  Both times we went on different ships and to different places that included Princess Cays, Saint Martin, St Thomas, and Turks and Caicos. Its been a few years, but I think there were a couple more.  It was great.  My wife and our friends really enjoyed our trips.

You should look into going to Eastern Caribbean with Princess Cruise.  We booked through a travel agency, but you may be able to book from their website as well.  You can probably also see all their different packages and tours on their site.  I don't remember the name of the ships that I went on, but now that I've been on two of them, which were fantastic, I imagine that their entire fleet would be pretty comparable.

1. Fort Lauderdale (city)
  2. St Thomas (city)
  3. Turks and Caicos (country)
  4. Saint Martin (island)

Mary

Many cruises focus on eastern or westernThe Caribbean destinations. Another great idea is to take a Panama Canal cruise.

1. The Caribbean (region)
  2. Panama Canal (city)