Megan
Atlanta

Megan from Atlanta asked

White sand beaches off the coast

I would like to go on vacation anywhere off the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. I am looking for a hotel where you can hear the ocean weaves. I intend to stay there for 4 days. Any ideas?

Florida (FL)

Carolina from Florida

Hi you need to go Pensacolathey have fun places to go night live and the water is beautifull and they have a lot of restaurants and stores !!!

Looks and sounds lovely!!!

1. Pensacola (city)
Lee from Florida

Marco IslandMarco Island Marriott Beach Resort is huge, wonderful, on the beach, huge pool, all amenities, many restaurants, great place, expensive, first choice if money is no object.  Second choice Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa, just down Collier Blvd from the Marriott, large, amenities galore, not as high end as Marriott but very nice. 

Lower end is Beach Club of Marco, actually quite nice one & two bedroom condo units, across the street from beach with its own dedicated 4' wide access path from Collier Blvd to the beach, a short walk, low rise building, nice pool, much easier parking than the high rise Marriott or Hilton. 

Also try Surf Club, Charter Club of Marco Beach, Club Regency of Marco Island, and other timeshares on the beach which mostly have rentals.  They all have phone numbers you can search to call directly to the front desk for best rates.

Plus other beachfront condos such as Sea Winds of Marco Inc that offer rentals.... some of them offer 7 night minimum, maybe SWinds is limited... but in any event, choose beachfrnt.  Avoid "lakeside" offerings such as Olde Marco Hotel... they're at the "old" end of the island and not on the beach.

Jillian
Lee, I love Marco! I grew up going there with my family, and reading this brought me back. It's such a relaxing place, wish I could be on that beach right now!

Lee
Lived there many years when we all knew one another. Go back often still love it!