Georgia
Minneapolis

Florida

Where is the best beach town in Florida?

Planning on taking a trip to Florida in the early summer months with my boyfriend. I want to know -- what parts of Florida have the best beach towns? Nothing too crowded (like Miami) but with a fun night life and lots to do during the day!

sheryl from Florida

My favorite beach areas here in Florida is the Bradenton Sarasota, area. Anna Maria, Longboat Key, Holmes Beach and Lido Key. Lido beachs are awesome. Sugar white sand. St Armands Cir  is a great shopping and eating area its internationally know and a very fun place to hang out when not at the beach.

Hope you have great time and this is heplful.

Airgo

1. Bradenton (city)
  2. Sarasota (city)
  3. Anna Maria (city)
  4. Longboat Key (city)
  5. Holmes Beach (city)
  6. Lido Key (neighborhood)
  7. St Armands Cir (attraction)

Dorianne from Florida

1. Hilton Sandestin Golf Resort & Spa (hotel)

My cousin got married in Clearwater-huge, soft beaches-excellent nightlife, solid restaurants, good vibe and easy to  access from Tampa International Airport. 

1. Clearwater (city)

Amy from Florida

Oh, this is tough one! Florida obviously has many awesome beaches.

St Augustine has old-school charm--it's the oldest city in the USA! (Well, before Pensacola natives get mad at me, to be specific, St. Augustine is the oldest continuously occupied European settlement) and is very romantic. There are horse-drawn carriage rides, a lighthouse you can climb, and shell-covered beaches. 

Destin has beautiful white sand beaches and, because it's on the Gulf of Mexico, the water is warm. There is also pretty good nightlife and lots of shopping and restaurants.

I honestly think the best beaches are on the "Emerald Coast" (anything on the Gulf of Mexico). I've traveled to many beaches, but these are the best simply because they're so blindingly white, the water is warm, and the people are laidback and friendly. It also doesn't get nearly as crowded as, say, beaches in the Miami area. 

1. St Augustine (city)
  2. Destin (city)