Autumn
Continental, Ohio

Florida

Vacation

I'm looking for a nice place to vacation in florida. Somewhere thats not to expensive with nice beaches and places to snorkel and fish. Also somewhere within an 1 hour with a lot of things to do. I've been to Anna Maria and got a really nice private home for 1k a week and it was 10 min to the beach with a private pool, but we were bored most of the time. I would love to find something for a similar price but more things to do. Any suggestions?

Crystal from Anchorage

Clearwater or Saint Petersburg (Florida) aren't bad choices. Calm beaches, fishing options, and plenty of activities. You would also be close to Tampa which gives you even more options. I love the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg.

My personal choice would be the Florida Keys. They are the only Caribbean Islands you can drive to and the clear blue water is awesome. It's a great choice for snorkeling, plus key lime pie of course. It's not the cheapest place to go, but you can find good deals depending on what you are looking for.

Happy travels,

Crystal, travelerstoast.com

1. Clearwater (city)
  2. Saint Petersburg (Florida) (city)
  3. Tampa (city)
  4. Florida Keys (region)