Linda asked

Traveling from Indianapolis, IN to Niceville, Florida

We want to break the trip into two segments - where is the best place to stay if we are on a budget?  Thank you

Florida (FL)   Niceville (Florida)   Indianapolis (Indiana)

I would avoid Nashville as it is expensive to stay there and a lot of traffic.  There's a Hampton Inn in Fayetteville (Tennessee) which is just about halfway between Indianapolis and Niceville

Linda
Thank you. This is our first time to make it a two day trip. I appreciate you comment.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, sign up for Rewards. Before or after Columbia or Atlanta.

Margie from Indianapolis

I make the trip from Indianapolis to Bradenton twice a year and I always stop at the 

Quality Inn Downtown South

It is on the Macon bypass.  

Michael from Manhattan

Unless you are really on a budget, where I would then advise to stop in any small town along the interstate or highway that has a Motel 6, you really can't go wrong with Nashville. There are gobs of lodging options for all kinds of budgets and absolutely worth stopping for a good restaurant and/or a couple honky tonking bars. And better yet, once you arrive to Niceville, think of the better stories you'll share with your friends and neighbors about a hootenany of a night versus "the truck stop at exit 98." :)

Examples of well-located affordable hotels close to Broadway that are in downtown would be the Downtown Nashville or the Comfort Inn Nashville - Downtown

We stopped in Nashville one time and hated it. I am not in the market for a honky tonk bar and I do not like country music. It isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Michael
That's what makes travel so unique! Everyone on these forums has different experiences that we all get to share our favorites :)