Staci
Cleveland

Florida, Sanibel, Orlando

February getaway from winter

My friend and I are thinking of doing a getaway in February and are looking for a fun, warm and affordable place. We love Orlando, so that's on our list. But we're also interested in trying a new place. We heard Sanibel, FL is nice. Where do you recommend? Even if it's out of Florida! 

Ross from Fort Collins

I ask this question to everyone asking about Florida vacations, but why Florida? You could travel to Mexico, Belize, or costa rica for a cheaper flight, pay 10 times less for food and accommodations then in Florida! Also getting to explore new cultures and food is great ! You could do so much more with your money and make so many memories ! Here are some places that are gunna kill Florida !

Tulumyou have ruins, sea turtles, the second biggest reef, and close enough to Playa del Carmen for shopping and a little touristy fun. Or......

Caye Caulkera little more expensive but it's english speaking and the same reef with a more rasta feel! Or.....

Queposa great little town in Costa Rica, on the beach with zip lines, wildlife tours, and all sorts of shops and restaurants! Just something to make your choices harder lol. If you need any advice let me know! 

http://wanderingross.com/

1. Tulum (city)
  2. Playa del Carmen (city)
  3. Caye Caulker (island)
  4. Quepos (attraction)

Andrea from Rancho Cucamonga, California

Sanibel is great if you really just want to go somewhere laid back and relaxed.  It's beautiful and quaint.  Don't expect late night places or party life.  You can usually find some really nice places to rent at decent prices.  I love Orlando too, but it's a much more active destination.

1. Sanibel (city)

Devyn from Harrington, Delaware

Orlando is great, but really touristy and unnecessarily expensive. I would do two days in Orlando, then head over to Winter Park (Florida) for a day.  They have the cutest downtown with great boutiques and amazing cafes.  From there, I would drive over to St Augustine for a weekend.  Its on the beach, has some cool historic sites, and a really unique cobblestone downtown.  If you don't want to head all the way to St. Augustine, then spend a day north of Orlando swimming with the manatees in the springs! You won't regret it. 

1. Orlando (city)
  2. Winter Park (Florida) (city)
  3. St Augustine (city)

Patricia from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Hey! Sanibel is a great island city for lounging at the beach and finding seashells, however if you were looking for nightlife too I would say go with maybe Delray Beach, it's a great town with lots of nightlife, great restaurants and beautiful beaches. Orlando is also fun if you're planning on visiting Disney or Universal Studios, but it is pretty far from the beach. I would also check out New Orleans ,awesome city with great nightlife, history, and people - but no beaches.

1. Delray Beach (city)
  2. New Orleans (city)
  3. Cancun International Airport (attraction)

Katherine from Newton (Iowa)

Hi ,  Sanibel is great for bike trails around the island, shelling, and relaxing.   Playa del Carmen has more night life and activity.   Fort Myers Beach would have more music and affordable hotels.     Check out Antigua and Paradise Island.    Also Cancun is always fun and usualily affordable.  Cabo San Lucas also much to offer!!

1. Sanibel (city)
  2. Playa del Carmen (city)
  3. Fort Myers Beach (city)
  4. Antigua (city)
  5. Paradise Island (hotel)
  6. Cancun (city)
  7. Cabo San Lucas (city)