Losha
Sherman Oaks

Florida

Best peaceful beach in Florida where I can unwind and get a tan?

I would be traveling with my mom, she is so fun and hip, we love the warm sand and clear water, my budget is around $1K for 3-4 days.  

Stephen "Sven" from Florida

There are 2 great and peaceful beach locations that are great to unwind and get your tan. First are the white sandy beaches stretching from Saint Petersburg (Florida), Florida all the way up to Tarpon Springs, Florida. The other is the beaches of St Augustine and south to just before Daytona Beach, Florida. Not only are these great beaches but there is great history, food, shopping and more in these locations. You can feel remote without being remote. Also check Caladesi Island State Park or Honeymoon Island off the cost of Tarpon Springs, Florida.

1. Saint Petersburg (Florida) (city)
  2. Tarpon Springs (city)
  3. St Augustine (city)
  4. Daytona Beach (city)
  5. Caladesi Island State Park (attraction)

Jonathan from Niskayuna, New York

My suggestion is Pass-a-Grille Historic District area of St Pete Beach. No hi-rise hotels, no plastic walking the beach. Laid-back, flip flops and swim suit. Good, but small collection of restaurants and bars; and it's close enough/far enough away from downtown St Petersburg and the thriving restaurant scene. 

A few suggestions on places to stay are Inn on the Beach, Coconut Inn Pass-a-Grille, and there is the iconic Don Cesar at the far end of the beach; but is a BIG hotel, but a throw back in time, so it's cool.

1. Pass-a-Grille Historic District (neighborhood)
  2. Inn on the Beach (hotel)
  3. Coconut Inn Pass-a-Grille (hotel)
  4. Don Cesar (neighborhood)

I'm going off the "unwind" description in your questions, which I took to mean something quiet and uncrowded.  If this is correct, head right to Sanibel.  No high rise hotels (you can't build above the tree line), local restaurants and shops, wonderful bike paths and a beach completed strewn with all manner of sea shells.

1. Sanibel (city)