Mira

Mira from Los Angeles asked

What's a nice but affordable hotel in Florence?

I will be going to Florence in May of 2014 with two friends and we need a place to stay!  We have 10 days in Italia, most of which will be spent in Florence and we want something that's nice but still affordable.  We don't wanna do a hostel.  Do you think $100-$150 a night for three people total is doable?  Suggestions please!

Florence

Victoria from Riga

In case if you are planning to stay within the city you should check out:

However, if you are going to rent a car it is absolutely fine to stay a bit outside of the city. Hotels will be much nicer for the that price. Florence is rather small town and some hotels provide free bike for their guests. You can rent a it yourself. You could explore other parts of Tuscany by car on some days and go to the downtown by bike. It will be beautiful time of the year.

I like Silvani 123 (Via Ugo Moschi 8, Galluzzo - Certosa, 50125 Florence).

Mira
We will not have a car so those bike rentals sound perfect!! We'll look into those hotels. Thank you Victoria!!!

Sara from Florence

Hi Mira,

I have found this nice article. It has a selection of 5 hotels in the center of Florence, with rooms around the budget you suggested!

http://www.traveldudes.org/travel-tips/5-cheap-chic-hotels-florence/65180

I would not suggest an hostel, but apartment could also be a good solution.

Have a good trip!

Cristina from Enna

Hi, in Florence you can easily find a nice place Piazza Santo Spirito. there you can find good B&B with good quality-price balance. Furthermore Santo Spirito is nice place to stay, hang around and it also have nice markets (food and vintage)

Mira
Sounds awesome! Thank you Cristina!!!

1. Piazza Santo Spirito (attraction)
fulvio from Florence

Ciao Mira , one of the beautiful place with best quality- price is Black 5 Florence Suite . here it is the link to visit their website www.black5florencesuite.it have nice stay in Florence !!

Charles

Something in Oltrarno neighborhood.

1. Oltrarno (neighborhood)
cristiano from Italy

Hi mira 

when you are in Florenceyou can stay   Grand Hotel Cavour
the hotel has a rooftop terrace with views of Florence Cathedral. It showcases a grand entrance hall with free Wi-Fi, marble floors and statues, and elegant rooms with air conditioning.

The Uffizi Gallery and the Ponte Vecchio are both less than half a mile from the Grand Hotel Cavour. The Florence Cathedral is just a few feet away.

The restaurant serves classic Italian cuisine and regional specialties, made using local ingredients. Cocktails are available at the bar, open until midnight.

Missy
I second Hotel Cavour...wonderful place to stay and great staff

2. Grand Hotel Cavour (hotel)
  3. Florence Cathedral (attraction)
  4. Uffizi Gallery (attraction)
  5. Ponte Vecchio (attraction)
  6. Florence Cathedral (attraction)
Oleg from Sacramento

Mira,

That's a bit low for Florence (for 3 people). However, instead of looking for a hotel, consider renting an apartment instead. You'll likely get much more for your money, especially for multiple bedrooms.

Mira
Thank you for the suggestion Oleg. We had only considered hotels because we just the simplicity of checking into a hotel whenever we want, but we'll look into apartments too!!

Giorgia from Padua, Italy

Hi Mira! Florence is an amazing city and there are many things to do!

I've been last year and I stayed in a very nice B&B, Alloro B&B(http://bit.ly/alloro-firenze), it was also not too much expensive, maybe you can find something from 95€ per night!

Enjoy Florence!! :) 

2. Alloro B&B (hotel)
Steve from Southampton

I'm doing a three week tour through Italy at the end of June and have found that you can get a lot cheaper and nicer apartment accommodation through Airbnb than with hotels. I'll be in Florence for 6 days and found a lovely place right near the bus & train station for $75 a night so you should be able to find something well within your price range for the three of you. From there I intend to do daytrips by bus to Siena, Lucca and San Gimignano.

1. Siena (city)
  2. Lucca (city)
  3. San Gimignano (city)
Dan from London

I would have to say that $100-150 for the month of May is quite a low budget. You can try Airbnb to see if you can price out a 3-person room for around that. Otherwise, I'd suggest upping the budget. 

Mira
Thank you for your advice Dan!!