Lourdes
Miami

Florence, Italy

What to do, see, and eat in Florence on a honeymoon?

Hi there,

I will be in Florence on my honeymoon in late May and want to know of any suggestions on what to do, where to go, what to visit, where to eat, etc. We love experiential travel so any suggestions will be welcome!

Lourdes

Thomas from San Francisco

We also went on our honeymoon to Florence. It was our favorite of the cities we visited. We have since been back twice. Here are my favorite places to eat Gusta Pizza and Trattoria 4 Leoni. Another good one is Trattoria ZàZà

There's gelato everywhere in Florence. I love Perché No. But as a rule of thumb when debating whether to go to a gelato place look at their Banana flavor if it's yellow it means they use food coloring or even worse, they don't make their own gelato. If it's white that's a good thing.

It's such a great city to walk in so you're bound to stumble upon a ton of amazing places. You absolutely have to see the David at Gallery of The Academy. We had a personal guide take us through the fast lane to get in and then tell us the whole history of The David for 15-20 minutes. Totally worth it. Also go see Pitti Palace and walk through the gardens.

If you have extra time it would be worth it to get out of the city and tour a little bit of Wine Country. Chianti is close and you can find some good 4-5 day tours.

Enjoy

2. Gusta Pizza (restaurant)
  3. Trattoria 4 Leoni (restaurant)
  4. Trattoria ZàZà (restaurant)
  5. Perché No (attraction)
  6. Gallery of The Academy (attraction)
  7. Pitti Palace (hotel)

Caterina from Florence

You said "late May", so I'm still on time :-)

Of course it depends on your interests and the number of days you will be staying in Florence; however, I can definitely give you some suggestions.

1) Have a look to this article, which is basically a must-see list written by me for a tour operator based in Florence (you don't have to book the tours of course if you don't want to!). Use this guide for restaurants & bars (my reviews are totally unbiased, I do have lunch/dinner at those restaurants because I like them).

2) Since you'll be on your honeymoon, here is also a list of romantic spots: Piazzale Michelangelo (don't take the bus, enjoy a walk from Via di San Niccolò so that you can also visit the Giardino delle Rose - my favourite garden in Florence).

Take bus n. 7 from Piazza San Marco and reach Fiesole (besides being a beautiful village, it also offers incomparable views over Florence).

3) If you have time, hire a car and visit Radda in Chianti, Gaiole in Chianti and Castello di Brolio.

Best Wishes

Caterina

2. Piazzale Michelangelo (attraction)
  3. Via di San Niccolò (attraction)
  4. Giardino delle Rose (attraction)
  5. Piazza San Marco (attraction)
  6. Fiesole (attraction)
  7. Radda in Chianti (city)
  8. Gaiole in Chianti (city)
  9. Castello di Brolio (attraction)

Jennifer from Jamaica, New York

Take the "Florence for Foodies" tour early in your trip. It's so much fun! The food is truly fantastic, you'll get to know Province of Florence a bit, and you'll get suggestions for more restaurants for the rest of your trip. 

1. Province of Florence (metro area)