• Cynthia de With
  • "Nice local restaurants or bars + popular cultural sightseeing places?"

Cynthia de With

Amersfoort, Netherlands

Nice local restaurants or bars + popular cultural sightseeing places?

Together with my parents I am going on a trip in Italy. We would like to have a combination of the popular touristic sightseeing places + visiting some local shops, bars and restaurants. The touristic places are for my parents the local places are for me! 

We will be in all places for a couple of days. 

Thanks you in advance! 

• Roni Kennison

For Florence, I'd also add Il Latini to the list of restaurants, but agree with Kelly's recommendations, Trattoria 4 Leoni. As for Siena, I would recommend Taverna di San Giuseppe for dinner. I'd also recommend Trattoria la Torre- just off Piazza del campo. It's very rustic but with incredible hand made pastas - the owner is a character but the food is great! Also in Siena a great restaurant for lunch or dinner is Ristorante Taverna Di Cecco. Another great option in Siena with great views is: Pizzeria Di Nonno Mede (great pastas and pizza). For tourist destinations in Siena, definitely visit the Siena Cathedral and climb up on to the unfinished wall portion - you'll have the most incredible view of Siena and the surrounding countryside. Just wander the beautiful winding streets, visit the Piazza del Campo, the Palazzo Pubblico (V. Anche Museo Civico) and the Santa Maria della Scala - museum - amazing frescos.

Enjoy the trip!

• Cynthia d.

Cynthia d.

Thank you for your answer! · (0 likelikes)

1. Il Latini (restaurant)
    2. Trattoria 4 Leoni (restaurant)
    3. Taverna di San Giuseppe (restaurant)
    4. Trattoria la Torre (restaurant)
    5. Ristorante Taverna Di Cecco (restaurant)
    6. Pizzeria Di Nonno Mede (restaurant)
    7. Siena Cathedral (attraction)
    8. Piazza del Campo (attraction)
    9. Palazzo Pubblico (V. Anche Museo Civico) (attraction)
    10. Santa Maria della Scala (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Roni a Thank You Note