Beverly
San Luis Obispo

Florence

Florence eats?

I want to experience all foods Firenze!  Pastries, coffee, wine, gelato, pasta, pizza...  Any suggestions for restaurants that I must visit?  I'll eat anything :)

Jason from San Diego

For pastries and espresso, go to  O Cafe.  High quality espresso for pennies and amazing baked goods. Posh yet tangible. Has a locals only feel. Very fancy and very delicious. Back has a view if u like but they charge you extra to sit back there by yourself. I recommend standing at the counter and practicing your Italian.

For nourishing eats, Ristoro dei Perditempo is great and has classic peasant dishes like ribolitta. The family that runs it also serves up happiness for the room. best at sunset for the shadows that stretch across the buildings on the other side of the river. The sidewalk entrance offers romantic seating for two. also try the Artichoke y pistachio green salad.

'Ino is another great place.  Panini shop & slow food market for jams, sauces & peppers and pasta and vinos. Not easy to find. But delicious sandwich, sauce and sass.

Grom may look like a chain because it is. but it is without a doubt the best Gelato and uses all natural ingredients.

If you need a place to stay,  Relais Santa Croce is a very sexy hotel with a massive stone stairway, thick walls, solid floors, antiques, treasures and frescos.

1. Ristoro dei Perditempo (restaurant)
  2. Relais Santa Croce (hotel)
  3. 'Ino (restaurant)
  4. O Cafe (restaurant)
  5. Grom (restaurant)

Jillian from Los Angeles

My absolute favorite place for dinner in Florence is Golden View Open Bar. It's located right on the Arno river, so be sure to request a table looking out on the  Ponte Vecchio. If you go, you must order the Gnocchi con Gorgonzola. I dream about it!

Not too far from there, I love stopping at  Caffè Le Torri for an espresso. Roberto's been working there for over 10 years, always has a smile on his face, and will make sure your coffee is perfect. 

The best pizza I've found in Florence is at  Ristorante Pizzeria Mastrociliegia. It's a nice spot to sit outside for lunch that isn't too pricy. The pizzas are big, but since they are thin crust I was able to finish one by myself. :) The service could be a little faster, but more of a reason to relax and take it all in! The restaurant also has delicious homemade pasta, so it's definitely worth adding it to your list.

1. Golden View Open Bar (restaurant)
  2. Ponte Vecchio (attraction)
  3. Caffè Le Torri (restaurant)
  4. Ristorante Pizzeria Mastrociliegia (restaurant)

Tiana from Florence

Best sandwhich is at  All'Antico Vinaio .  Best ice cream  RivaReno. Your budget depends on dinner... Just hang out in San Niccolo area, down from Piazzale Michelangelo... few bars and restaurants, all great.

1. All'Antico Vinaio (attraction)
  2. RivaReno (restaurant)
  3. Piazzale Michelangelo (attraction)
  4. San Niccolo (neighborhood)

Charles

Trattoria Angiolino in Oltrarno for bistecca fiorentina. Vivoli for gelato though I'm told there are some even better. Le Mossacce not far from the Duomo. Small, crowded, informal, authentic for lunch.

1. Trattoria Angiolino (restaurant)
  2. Oltrarno (neighborhood)
  3. Le Mossacce (restaurant)
  4. Vivoli (restaurant)