Bianca
Miami

Florence

Best restaurants you can't miss in Florence?

I will be in Florence in the spring with a couple of friends. What are a few good restaurants that I can't miss while I'm there? We're looking to try foods that are unique to Florence!

Scott from Fort Collins

Hello Bianca!  One of my favorite restaurants in Florence is Trattoria Sostanza.  A simple, humble place with fantastic, typical Tuscan cuisine.     It's a unique experience in a very small space with communal type seating. This is how it got the nickname "Il troia," or "The trough." Their chicken breasts fried in butter and steak Florentine are absolutely outstanding.  It can be a little hard to find, so be patient and reserve in advance through your local hotel.  Hope that helps and safe travels!

2. Trattoria Sostanza (restaurant)

Pamela from New Canaan, Connecticut

My favorite Florence restaurant is Trattoria l'Parione, not far from Ponte Vecchio.  The fifty-year-old trattoria is housed in a historical 14th century historical building, and the cuisine is classic Tuscan with a creative, contemporary spin.  If possible, sit in the cozy wine cellar, under domed stone ceilings, surrounded by hundreds of bottles of wine.  Start with the delicious handmade pasta, and save room for the Florentine steak and roast potatoes! 

2. Trattoria l'Parione (restaurant)
  3. Ponte Vecchio (attraction)

rich from Athens, GA

Just got back from Florence a month ago.  Really enjoyed Acqua Al 2.  They eat dinner later than in the US so the peak time seamed to be around 9PM.  This restaurant gets exceptionally busy.  I have to track down some of the others that I enjoyed there.  

1. Acqua Al 2 (restaurant)