Rohesia

Fiji

Visiting Fiji in February?

I have the option of a trip to Fiji in February but hear it's typhoon season and not the best time to visit. How bad is typhoon season? If it just rains for an hour or so every day, I could handle that but if it rains all the time...

Ashley from Washington, DC

Anectodally - we were just there for the last week of February and stayed in Denarau. It was clear and sunny for the first two days and then rained on and off for the last three days for about 1 hour each. Definitely carry an umbrella around but the rain didn't hinder any of our activities. It rained overnight for several days of our stay, but was generally dry and sunny by morning. 

1. Denarau (attraction)

Somer from Gold Coast

Hi Rohesia

My experience with Fiji in February - yes it does rain a lot! 

However, it is very hard to be precise about it, an example, in 2012 I we spent a week in Denarau Islandand it poured rain non-stop, for the second and third week we went to the Coral Coastand it was beautiful, hot and sunny. 

Fast forward to 2015, we were living in Coral Coast, and it didn't rain much at all that February.

If it does rain there in the afternoons, it is lovely, it cools you down and you can do as the locals do and have a 'rain bath'.

February, as a month, is dead time over there for tourists, so you will get a good deal, and not have to face lines at the buffet lol. 

If you were to travel to Suva (the capital city) well it rains there every 2nd day!

I have a Fiji travel blog at meandfiji dot com if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help some more.

Good luck!

1. Fiji (attraction)
  2. Denarau Island (city)
  3. Coral Coast (attraction)
  4. Suva (city)

Rosalie from Marina Del Rey

It's mostly just little storms, but since it is typhoon season you really just never know. It's the 2nd highest month there in terms of precipitation, so you should expect at least a little rain every day with some storms included in there.