Lisa
Wellington

Fiji, Canada, United States, Japan, Cambodia

Honeymoon for newly wed in early 2018

Hi! 
So my fiance and I are getting married this September and we want to find some advice of where to go and what to do for our honeymoon. In all likelihood it will be around March 2018 before we can travel, as I am changing my name and need to renew my passport and that takes some time to pay for etc etc. 

We live in Wellington, New Zealand. So itinerary would be Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland to the destination/s and return. Thanks.

We would like to go to the following countries: Canada, Cambodia, Japan, Fiji or other Pacific Islands, the USA (Florida, LA and San Francisco in particular). 

We don't want to go near the United Emirates area due to safety concerns, plus I drive and my husband doesn't - so if we have a rental vehicle the country has to be allowing a woman to drive! (My full New Zealand drivers license expires in September 2018, so I need to check International Driving Laws too!) 

Planning on going for 2 or 3 weeks in total. Want to be spending 7 to 10 days maximum in one city if that makes sense. 

Claudia from New York City

Having lived in Florida for 9 years, I would suggest the following romantic destinations:

1. Marco Island - stay at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort for beautiful sunsets, white sandy beaches, beachside dining and onsite Balinese-style spa. Fun activities include paddle-boarding, catamaran ride to see manatees and dolphins. For additional info, check out their website: http://www.jwmarco.com/

2. Key West - stay in the heart of Old Town Key West at The Conch House Heritage Inn. The historic inn is within walking distance to Duval Street, Key West's main street, Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum and Mallory square (for the sunsets). Here is the inn's website: http://www.conchhouse.com/

3. Palm Beach - stay at The Breakers. It's an expensive hotel, but you'll get pampered in this sprawling beachfront property. There are 5 oceanfront pools, 9 restaurants, 2 golf courses and more. Check it out: https://www.thebreakers.com/

I would combine Marco Island with a side trip to the theme parks in Orlando. Fly into Orlando and drive to Marco Island first before heading back to Orlando for the theme parks.

As for Key West and Palm Beach, I would combine either of these destinations with Miami. Fly in and out of Miami and drive to Key West or Palm Beach.

1. Marco Island (island)
  2. Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort (hotel)
  3. Key West (city)
  4. The Conch House (hotel)
  5. Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum (attraction)
  6. Mallory square (attraction)
  7. Palm Beach (city)
  8. Orlando (city)
  9. Miami (city)