Kristina

Favorite Family Member to Travel With?

I like to call my cousin and I the 'traveling cousins'... we have been to the Bahamas and all over Europe together as well as Cabo and some states around the USA. It helps that we are around the same age and he likes to do similar things as I - and that he's a boy (I felt a little safer exploring the alleyways of Rome at 2am when he was by my side). But I don't think that I could travel with some other family members because of the major differences in our likes and age. So this leads to me question: who are your favorite family members to travel with (if any) and why?

Veronica from Kungälv

My sister, Jessica. We've been traveling to Greece, Italy, Germany... our next trip will be Australia and New Zeeland. We always have much fun, both in planning the trips and during our travels. There's no problems, we always listen to each other. She's my best friend =).

I also travel several times a year to Norway to hike with my boyfriend, but its a different kind of traveling =).

My favorite family member to travel with is my dad because we travel similarly and he never gets tired. We did a trip to Vienna, Oberwart, and Budapest and he drove. He's fearless in the car and if I see something pretty, he'll make a quick U-turn to go back. We can both spend hours staring at something and taking pictures. He's adventurous and will try just about anything. We love to get up early, walk the entire day, and stay up late, and he loves to hike and isn't afraid of cliffs and high-up places.  It's wonderful. His idea of travel is to just go - have a general plan with ideas and possibilities, but he's always open for spontaneity and change.

1. Vienna (city)
  2. Oberwart (city)
  3. Budapest (city)

Jeff from Los Angeles

Our dog, Calloway. No question.

Definitely Ryan but aside from him, my cousin, she's like the sister I never had and we are great travel companions. Usually we don't have to consult on things and we seem to just know what we want to do, where we want to go and it's easy... it's always nice to have an easy going companion who is open to everything. 

Nancy

I love traveling with my 20 something kids. They are up for pretty much anything and manage to make friends wherever we happen to land. For example we just shared an amazing lunch on Taquile Island with a table that included a Japanese, a Peruvian, two Frenchmen, a couple of US college students and the four of us. The Frenchmen spoke some Spanish, the Japanese spoke some English, my sons speak Spanish and Japanese. We managed to have a lively and lovely experience! 

1. Taquile Island (attraction)

Kate from Ohio

My mom.  We vacation similarly.  Neither one of us is content to stay at the beach all day long.  We like to go out and explore a bit.  We also LOVE nature.

Scott from Cesky Krumlov

My best friend, who also happens to be my wife.  :)