Gurpreet

Europe trip itinerary help

Hi! I am planning a Europe trip with my sister. I have a conference in Italy (riva del garda), so I'll have to stay there for 3 days. Apart from that, my constraint is that I might have to fly in and out of italy only. I can spare 3 weeks after the conference. I need help planning an itinerary. The places I am interested in our Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, and as a base to visit other places like naples or cinque terre. Next I want to visit Austria, Innsbruck and Salzburg for sure, if possible vienna. Prague may be if time permits. I have been to Berlin, Dresden, Munich before but I would love to explore more of Bavaria, may be neuschwanstein castle, rothenburg. Then interlaken and the Jungfrau in Switzerland. 

I know the list is long but it can be modified. Suggestions please

Thanks

Jesse from New York City

Florence is incredible and not to be missed!  Beautiful city and incredible food.  Some restaurant highlights are L'Parione, 4 Leoni, Il Cibreo and La Giostra. Cafe Gilli is great for aperitivo and people watching in Piazza Republica. Italy isn't Italy without gelato, don't miss Dei Neri, Vivoli, La Carraia and Perche No.  Climb the Palazzo Vecchio tower for incredible views of the city and the Duomo, visit the Bardini Gardens (less touristy than Boboli) and after climbing up to Piazzele Michelangelo keep going up to San Miniato!

Salzburg is also beautiful and has some great schnitzel, goulash, strudel and beer. The Augustiner beer garden is a lot of fun and definitely check out Cafe Tomaselli. Day trips to Hallstat or the Eagles Nest are an easy ride. Linderhof Palace is beautiful as well as Neuschwanstein but can be done in a few hours each.

Hope that helps a bit!