William

Europe

Europe trip

hi everyone I really need some help, I'm going on a business trip to Europe and I've been given 2 days advance luckily I do have vacation time and as a first time visitor I'm taking 15 days off work in order to explore Europe, i want to go to at least 3 countries and I have 12,000 dollars ( US ) please help thanks in advance!

Crystal from Anchorage

Hello,

Europe is a huge and very diverse continent, it really takes a lifetime to see! You have so many options and $12,000 for 15 days is enough as to not limit you to where you would like to go. Ultimately where you go depends on what you want. Big cities with famous monuments? Mountains? Beaches? Quaint off-the-beaten-path towns?

I would guess that SpainFrance, and Italy are probably the three most popular countries for tourists in Europe. They have many famous places to see, as well as many wonderful places tourists rarely see! I think 15 days would give you a sampler of each country, but not really enough time to absorb the local culture. 

A good thing to know is where your business trip is taking you, as that will offer some point of reference of where you will be starting your trip.

All that being said, I will offer an itinerary of what I want my next Europe trip to look like. It may not be the best for you, but as we know very little about your interests it will have to do!

Day 1-4: Paris

Day 5-6: Lyon

Day 7-8: Annecy

Day 9-10:Geneva

Day 11-12: Lucerne

Day 13-15: Zurich

Feel free to email my at TravelersToast@gmail.com if you want to have a conversation to narrow down your choices!

Happy travels!

Crystal, Traveler's Toast

1. Spain (country)
  2. France (attraction)
  3. Italy (country)
  5. Lyon (attraction)
  6. Annecy (attraction)
  7. Geneva (city)
  8. Lucerne (city)
  9. Zurich (city)

Hi William,

Lucky you! It all depends on your interests. Do you want to chill out a little? Explore some cities, art, culture? Hang out in some great bars, clubs and music?

I love Italy and there's lots to see and do. Rome Province of Florence Siena Venice Verona Cinque Terre and the amazing and beautiful beaches of Puglia You can travel easily and cheaply by train.

Spain is also a great country to travel around, from Galicia in the north right down to Andalucía and also the wonderful cities of Madrid Barcelona  Seville and  Granada 

If you want a party city where you only stop to pick up a strong coffee at dawn then Lisbon is your place (Bairro Alto late at night!) Berlin  Amsterdam and Prague will also keep you entertained.

I have a real soft spot for my home town of Dublin and Ireland in general. It's a great country for the craic, music, friendly people and amazing scenery. It's easy to drive around and the pace of life is slow.

Have a great time!

1. Italy (country)
  3. Province of Florence (metro area)
  4. Siena (attraction)
  6. Verona (attraction)
  7. Cinque Terre (region)
  8. Puglia (attraction)
  9. Spain (country)
  10. Galicia (attraction)
  11. Andalucía (attraction)
  12. Madrid (city)
  13. Barcelona (city)
  14. Seville (city)
  15. Granada (city)
  16. Lisbon (city)
  17. Bairro Alto (neighborhood)
  18. Berlin (city)
  19. Amsterdam (city)
  20. Prague (city)
  21. Dublin (attraction)
  22. Ireland (attraction)