Harshit
Noida, India

Europe, Turkey

Which is good place to travel in mid-November for holidays?

Hi, I am traveling to India from US and want to take a halt in Europe or Turkey for 4-5 days on the way. 

My main concern is weather.  I want to be somewhere that is not too cold and rainy. I haven't traveled any place in Europe so am open to most of the country except up north, which I believe would be super cold. 

Time of year is 14-20 Nov.

Victoria from Riga

Spain is very nice this time of the year. Madrid is gorgeous, high quality and not very expensive hotels and amazing food.

If you want to be by the sea, go to Marbella, Spain.

Another option is South of France. You have to fly to Marseille and then rent a car to visit all the coast.

1. Madrid (city)
  2. Marseille (city)
  3. Marbella (city)

Marco from Bergamo

Hello Harshit! I think your best option is some coastal area along the Mediterranean Sea. Given the time of year, I'd say the more South, the better. However, if you also take into account limited time and good flight connections, a brilliant option would be Barcelona and surroundings: great food (tapas, fish and meat dishes and much more), stunning architectures (Basílica de la Sagrada FamíliaParc Güell and modern buildings), lively nights, special landscapes (if you take a trip to Montserrat, to the Pyrenees mountains, or to one of the many little canyons in the neighbouring areas), seaside and nice people. If you want to move around a bit take a daily trip to the Roman and medieval city of Tarragona or hire a car and explore the coast North of Girona towards France.

1. Mediterranean Sea (metro area)
  2. Barcelona (city)
  3. Basílica de la Sagrada Família (attraction)
  4. Montserrat (attraction)
  5. Pyrenees (attraction)
  6. Tarragona (city)
  7. Girona (city)
  8. Parc Güell (attraction)

John

You might consider Lisbon. I was there in early November and the weather was a little rainy but not bad. It's a fun, reasonably-priced city.

1. Lisbon (city)

seko from Istanbul

Dear Harshit,
It is depend on where you are gonna visit Turkey on these dates. For example, there is a big weather difference between Istanbul and Antalya
But even in half of November Istanbul is not that cold.
By the way, what is your average of cold weather? =)

1. Istanbul (city)
  2. Antalya (city)