Yep, this planning is really early, but never too early to dream about it. :-)
My hubby and I would like to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere around Christmas in Europe and also do a little bit of snowboarding. What are good places to go for a 2-week trip? Some additional criteria
1. Safe ski resorts with English speaking staff and guests -- in case we get lost in the trails
2. Christmas markets and festivities near by
3. Good snow in December
4. Mid-range budget
5. Easy access to public transportation and quaint towns
6. Good apres-ski would be nice.
7. We are intermediate level snowboarders and I just like to cruise through nice snow and scenery. Don't care for snowboard park.
Staying in 3-4 areas would be ideal.
Thank you in advance!
Hey Jennifer, well done planning in advance!
I am not a huge winter sportsman so will hope others will cover the snowboarding question soon.
Only thing I would say is that I imagine you will get better snow up north in December: Scandinavia, Austria, Germany. Also, English is widely spoken in thoae countries (as in all ski resorts) so you will be safe.
As for xmas markets, take a look at these recent and extensive answers from a previous question:http://www.trippy.com/question/Europe-Best-City-for-Christmas-Markets-in-Europe
Good luck with your plans!