Jennifer

Europe

Where is the best snowboarding and Christmas markets in Europe?

Yep, this planning is really early, but never too early to dream about it.  :-)

My hubby and I would like to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere around Christmas in Europe and also do a little bit of snowboarding.  What are good places to go for a 2-week trip?  Some additional criteria

1. Safe ski resorts with English speaking staff and guests -- in case we get lost in the trails

2. Christmas markets and festivities near by

3. Good snow in December

4. Mid-range budget

5. Easy access to public transportation and quaint towns

6. Good apres-ski would be nice.

7. We are intermediate level snowboarders and I just like to cruise through nice snow and scenery.  Don't care for snowboard park.

Staying in 3-4 areas would be ideal.  

Thank you in advance!

Alex from London

Hey Jennifer, well done planning in advance! 

I am not a huge winter sportsman so will hope others will cover the snowboarding question soon. 

Only thing I would say is that I imagine you will get better snow up north in December: Scandinavia, Austria, Germany. Also, English is widely spoken in thoae countries (as in all ski resorts) so you will be safe. 

As for xmas markets, take a look at these recent and extensive answers from a previous question:http://www.trippy.com/question/Europe-Best-City-for-Christmas-Markets-in-Europe 

Good luck with your plans!