Pascale

Europe

Nice place to visit in Europe in December

Hi guys! I would like to organise a short trip (4-5 days) in Europe in December .. Any idea? 

Scott from Fort Collins

I would either concentrate on the German cities like Munich and Nuremberg that have fantastic Christmas Markets, or, I really enjoyed Barcelonaand Madrid in early to mid December.  Very festive and I still have great memories of Plaza Mayor and Mercado de San Miguel in Madrid.  Hope that helps and safe travels!

1. Munich (city)
  2. Barcelona (city)
  3. Madrid (city)
  4. Plaza Mayor (attraction)
  5. Mercado de San Miguel (restaurant)
  6. Nuremberg (attraction)

Klaudia from London

Christmas in Europe is magical !!! And both the Austrian and Germans really know how to do it well. My pick would be Vienna. you can get lost in their breathtaking Christmas markets and ice skate next to the magical Rathaus  underneath the moonlight.  they have amazing food over there from the very fancy Steirereck , to great mid range bistros Plachutta's Gasthaus Zur Oper or the casual maker food Naschmarkt. It's the home of the schnitzel after all !!

Fantastic galleries and museum our favourite was Leopold Museum if you do want to hide from the cold. Stunning cafe culture we loved Café Sperlsort of old world  flashback. .he town is beautiful and lovely to wonder , and although I love Munich I do think vienna would be stunning for your trip ! 

1. Vienna (city)
  2. Rathaus (attraction)
  3. Steirereck (restaurant)
  4. Plachutta's Gasthaus Zur Oper (restaurant)
  5. Naschmarkt (attraction)
  6. Leopold Museum (attraction)
  7. Café Sperl (restaurant)