Amy
Prague

Amy from Prague asked

Christmas in Europe

I am living in Prague but are hoping to spend two weeks traveling in other countries around Christmas and New Year's. Any suggested itineraries? I'm flexible to anywhere but central Europe would be best. My main criteria is lights, Christmas markets and even snow if possible! 

Europe

Travis from Kamloops

Bavaria is one of the best places to visit during Christmas. There are amazing Christmas Markets in NurembergMunichRegensburg, and many others. These markets have been happening in basically the same place for hundreds of years, and are a real sight to behold. 

Outside of Germany, we had a ton of fun in Vienna during Christmas. The market in front of the town hall is amazing, and the city is beautiful lit up at night. 

In any case, you are in the best region of Europe for experiencing Christmas spirit! 

1. Nuremberg (attraction)
  2. Munich (city)
  3. Regensburg (city)
  4. Vienna (city)
Melissa from Portland

How fun!

I've been to the Christmas market in Erfurt, Germany and it was probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. I felt like I was in winter wonderland. The lights and decorations were precious and they had a 25 ft christmas tree!

1. Erfurt (city)