Stephanie
Camarillo

Europe, Los Angeles

Cheapest place in Europe to fly to LAX?

Hi!! Does anyone have any suggestions to which country/city is the cheapest to fly one way to LAX from Europe in July?? I've found that many places are reaaaallllyyy expensive to fly from and thought maybe someone from experience would know of a less expensive place to travel from.... 

THANKS! :)

Breanna from Los Angeles

Getting to LAX can be a tough one. Follow thePointsGuy.com for cheap, one-off deals to somewhere on the east coast, then look for cheap flight from there. If your dates can be flexible, you might be able to find something pretty cheap. From NYC, Virgin America and Jet Blue usually have reasonable rates outbound to LAX.

Happy travels!

Vicky from Los Angeles

Norwegian Air has really affordable one way flight fares from Copenhagen to LAX. I've seen fares as low as 179 euros for one way (and maybe even lower if booked far in advance), what an amazing deal! AirBerlin is another great low fare airline but their round trip fares are usually lower-priced than their one-way.

A good way to search for cheap airfares is to subscribe to price alerts from your favorite airlines in Europe (Lufthansa has a great one) or sites like Airfare Watch Dog. I love Google's flight tool, too as mentioned by Alex. 

Alex from London

Hi Stephanie,

It's really hard to say which place would be cheapest but I would imagine that direct flights would probably be better soyou should be looking at hubs for the larger carriers such as lufthansa (Munich, Frankfurt), klm (Amsterdam), Swiss (Zurich), BA (London, of course!), etc.

Here is a nifty tool I often use when planning trips:

https://www.google.com/flights/

Google flights allows you to search from a defined destination and dates and will give you suggestions of prices for several locations on a map.  Might be the easiest way for you to find a deal. Remember to expand the flights map once you have entered LAX as the starting point.

Good luck!