Mohamed

Europe

15 days in europe

I am planning to visit europe for the first time from Morocco, i am living in uae and been travelling alot. We are a young couple with a budget of 3500 USD excluding hotels and flights. 

I have in mind lisbon, madrid, paris and prague but i am confused. For me paris is a must but i am open to suggestions. We r more into arts and food, culture and architecture, not that much into party places.

Your budget should be fine in Europe for 15 days. Paris is one of the great cities for art, culture, food and scenery. I would also consider Rome Florence and Sienawhich are relatively close together and are easily connected by train. All three are beautiful cities with wonderful art and culture options. If you decide on Prague Lisbon and Madrid it would be much more efficient (time-wise) to fly between the cities. 

4. Siena (attraction)
  5. Prague (city)
  6. Lisbon (city)
  7. Madrid (city)

Isabele from Ibiza

Hi Mohammed, your plan sounds good and your budget is really nice to travel. If you're looking for food, culture and architecture I would include Barcelona in your plan because it's one of the most excited cultural city I know and one of the most beautiful architecture I saw, so much more than Madrid. A part of this, Barcelona in summer is wonderful. Enjoy your trip

John from Carlsbad (California)

All four cities are great for your interests.  You will have to fly from one to the other because the connections are not good on trains, even between Lisbon and Madrid.  Your budget of $3500 excluding flights and hotels is very workable.   If I were you, I would cut out one city so you have 5 days in each.  I'm happy Paris is a must see, and is worth at least 5 days.  From there, with your interests, I would take a look at Amsterdam, Lyon, and Aix-en-Provence for alternate destinations from Paris because of their fast train service and the food.  Also, Madrid to Barcelona has very good train connections so Madrid, Barcelona, Paris. Or Amsterdam, Paris, and one other city to the south in France would be a good connection.  Once you figure out where you are going, check back if you want recommendations in each city.  Sounds like a great trip.

1. Lisbon (city)
  2. Madrid (city)
  4. Amsterdam (city)
  5. Lyon (attraction)
  6. Aix-en-Provence (city)
  7. Barcelona (city)