Laurie
Santa Monica

Laurie from Santa Monica asked

Edinburgh TV Fest in August - have you been?

I'd love any pro tips on the Edinburgh TV Fest. I'll be there August 23-25th to network and pitch series ideas.

I'll be coming from London (fly? train?)

:)

Edinburgh (United Kingdom)

Karen from Edinburgh
Train takes you right into the heart of Edinburgh, airport is on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Travel in either by bus, tram or taxi at varying cost. 
While there, use public transport to get around if not walking (it's quite hilly so a full day's walking can be a bit tiring though very interesting). If you purchase a day ticket this covers you for trams and buses which is handy. 
Get your accomodation sorted early, things book up quickly. Likewise tickets for any specific events. 
Enjoy Edinburgh it's a beautiful city.

Dabs from Chicago

Definitely take the train, I've taken Virgin, if you book early enough the tickets are quite reasonable and you are going city center to city center.  You should be looking to book now.  August is extremely busy in Edinburgh, if you don't already have a hotel, you may find them quite expensive.  We stayed out in Edinburgh Park which was on the tram line, it was still quite expensive.  Last time I stayed at Haymarket, also on the tram line but I booked in February so the rate wasn't as bad.

1. Edinburgh Park (attraction)