Anna
Gloucester (Massachusetts)

Edinburgh

Edinburgh - good paranormal and ghost tours? I want to believe!

So, I'll be in Edinburgh in July and was interested in taking a paranormal ghost walk, Haunted Scotland, type tour. I read about the City of the Dead tours but was wondering if anyone knew of any others that were good. Walking tours are good, trolley tour, whatever. I don't really know what stuff like that costs, but maybe 20 pounds 30 pounds at the most per person? Thanks for your help! - Anna

Kristin

Although it is not a "ghost" tour, I loved the "The Real Mary King's Close".  After the plague hit, they basically boarded up a residential area and you can now visit it.  Very cool and kind of creepy.

1. The Real Mary King's Close (attraction)

Jason from Tigard

Anna,

There are many "ghost tours" in Edinburgh, each with a slightly different approach. 

Auld Reekie Tours (website) has a nice variety, including an 18 and over one, see Tripadvisor for reviews (reviews). 

The Cadies & Witchery Tours (website) is lighthearted and has fun while presenting stories about some of Edinburgh's most colourful characters, see Tripadvisor for more information (reviews).  Those are my personal favourites of the many out there. 

I have heard nothing good about The Ghost Bus Tours (website), but do recommend reading Tripadvisor for more opinions (reviews).  I hope that helps!

1. Auld Reekie Tours (attraction)
  2. The Cadies & Witchery Tours (attraction)
  3. The Ghost Bus Tours (attraction)