Alice
France

Alice from France asked

What are the best places to visit in Eastern Europe ?

I'd like to visit the countryside around there, and I was wondering where were the best part with beautiful landscapes, friendly people and good food ;)

Eastern Europe

Ewa from Gdansk

EE is generally beautiful ;)
For landscapes I'd say Tatra Mountains in Poland/Slovakia (actually, all Polish mountains are great, there are also stunning Bieszczady though it's a bit harder to get there), Romania generally... 

It sounds like I need to make my way to Eastern Europe. Sounds amazing! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the places in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer :)

1. Tatra Mountains (attraction)
  2. Bieszczady (attraction)
Emily from Los Angeles

There's so many beautiful and unexpected places in Eastern Europe - it's hard to pick!

I totally agree with Ewa: the Tatra Mountains on the Poland/Slovakia border are beautiful and friendly and awesome!

Other suggestions include:

• Bulgaria between Sofia and the coast. It's charming and full of greenery and mountains.
  • Montenegro, especially Kotor with its amazing bay.
  • Slovenia and eastern Austria, although things start to get more expensive in those countries.

Eastern Europe is the best!  Have a great time!

1. Tatra Mountains (attraction)
  2. Bulgaria (attraction)
  3. Montenegro (country)
  4. Kotor (city)
  5. Slovenia (country)
  6. Austria (attraction)