Sara
Midland (Michigan)

Sara from Midland (Michigan) asked

What time should I leave Wareham for my flight out of Boston?

Renting a car (hopefully) in Boston and heading to Wareham. Can't get the rental until 11 a.m. I've been told I may sit in traffic for up to 3 hours for this drive. Now I'm a little worried that heading back on Sunday I could possibly miss my flight. Drive time says 1 hour but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Flight is at 8:50 a.m. whats the "average" time for this road trip? Thanks!

East Wareham (Massachusetts) Boston (Massachusetts)

John
With an 8:50 AM flight, you probably should leave about 5:15 AM as you won't be in any heavy Cape traffic that early. You have to return your rental car, so that will take some time and be inside the terminal by 7AM.

Leave between 4 and 5 am you have to return the rental which is an extra hour. You can check the map during times you would be driving, it should show you traffic patterns. A big problem is returning a rental and getting to the airport, if you have to wait for a shuttle to take you to the airport, that takes time.