Helen

Helen from Los Angeles asked

Top 5 places to see or do in Dubrovnik?

This is my first time visiting Croatia and I will be staying with 2 girlfriends for 3 nights in Dubrovnik. I would love any suggestions or recommendations on must-see's and do's for the 3 nights we are there (including things to do in the day time, nightlife, food, beaches, etc.)

Dubrovnik (Croatia)

Tom from Brasschaat

I would definitely recommend taking a walk on the city walls. It's a beautiful 60-90 minute activity and you get a great idea of the Old Town Dubrovnik.

Also take a few hours to visit the island of Lokrum, there will be some peacocks running around the small trails, but they're harmless.  There's a nice little "lake" where you can take a dip and you could also visit the garden on the island.

Nice places to have dinner:

1) I don't know the name of the restaurant, but Google Maps gives me this address: Bar and Restaurant Orsan

2) We had a great risotto with tuna in the old town. It was in one of the small streets going left from the main street

1. Old Town Dubrovnik (attraction)
  2. Lokrum (attraction)
  3. Bar and Restaurant Orsan (restaurant)
Toni from Croatia

Hi Helen,

In addition to strolling through the Old Town Dubrovnik and Dubrovnik City Walls, also take a ride on the Dubrovnik Cable Car for spectacular views. 

If you like islands, you can visit nearby Lokrum IslandKoločep, and Lopud.

Also popular are Game of Thrones sights, including Lovrijenac fort.

If you have a car, also go visit Cavtat.

1. Old Town Dubrovnik (attraction)
  2. Dubrovnik City Walls (attraction)
  3. Dubrovnik Cable Car (attraction)
  4. Lokrum Island (attraction)
  5. Koločep (attraction)
  6. Lopud (city)
  7. Lovrijenac (attraction)
  8. Cavtat (city)
Lisa from Wisconsin

There is a kayak tour company in Dubrovnik that takes you to a nearby island and around the coast with inlets and a beautiful swimming spot- one of the best things I did there!  Of coarse there is the wall walk, a must and there are 2 bars perched on the outer wall - go there for a cocktail at sunset, beautiful! The outdoor market in town is fun to browse. Lots of good restaurants and friendly people as well.

1. Dubrovnik (city)

Login   ·   About   ·   FAQ   ·   Contact   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms