Janine
Seattle

Dublin

When is the best time of year to visit Dublin?

What are the months when Dublin will be nice and cool, but not super cold or super hot?  I'm itching to visit!

Robson from Istanbul

Hi Janine,
Usually May is the best month to visit Dublin. Not that many tourists, the chances of getting sunny days are bigger and you will see the locals enjoying the parks around the city such as Phoenix Park and St.Stephen's Green.
Have a good craic!!!!

1. Dublin (city)
  2. Phoenix Park (neighborhood)
  3. St.Stephen's Green (attraction)

Definitely do late spring...it will be beautiful as well.  We went in May, the weather was perfect, the crowds were much smaller than summertime and "stuff" was blooming!  Gorgeous!

Jerry from Dublin

Hey Janine, From my experience of 10+ years living in Dublin and all my life in Ireland, the Best time by far to come to Dublin ( and Ireland in General) is September. Summer normally comes late to Ireland so September has the best weather and the Schools and College are back so less Tourists and still lots of great Festivals especially Fringe Festivaland  Theatre Festival . Enjoy! 

Frank from Seattle

I always tell people to visit in May or October as you won't have high expectations of the weather and you may be pleasantly surprised. My personal preference is October when I have experienced many blue sky days and perfect temperatures for a hike. The summer can be very disappointing as its often overcast and slightly humid. Good luck with your trip.

christina from New York City

I visited for 10days at the end of May and it was perfect weather. Only rained 1day (can you imagine)?! I wore jeans and short sleeves and took a light jacket out at night which was not always needed.

Stephanie from Los Angeles

I too went in end of May. The weather in Dublin was fair, however County Clare was very chilly. Spent 9 days and it rained about 5 out of the 9 days.