Nilufer
Istanbul

Dublin, Galway, Cork

What to do for 3 days in Dublin and 2 days around Ireland?

This will be the first time to visit Ireland. Me and my husband will be there between 20th-26th of October. We heard of castles, cliffs,national parks a lot. We have 3 days in Dublin and we can have 2 more days around Ireland. We think of renting car during these 2 days. West side of Ireland like Galway or South side of it like Cork? Which side is the best to see special things on the road? Which castle is worth to see, which festival or similar event you can recommend to attend, what other local things are there we should see?

We would like to hear any suggestions you have.  Thank you all!

Regards,

Nilufer

Valerie from Seattle

Nilufer, awesome! I loved my time in Ireland. I was there in late March for six days, and did almost exactly what you're planning--a few days in Dublin and a few days outside of Dublin!

In Dublin, you should spend some time Temple Bar, a neighborhood with lots of restaurants and bar--you can find some cool places to try all kinds of ethnic food, and plenty of Guinness. Speaking of, be sure to take the Guinness Factory Tour. There's all kinds of history, and having a drink at the Gravity Bar will give you great views of the city.

Wandering through Trinity College is really cool too--you'll have to check the hours of when places like the Old Library will be open for public viewing, but it's definitely worth a visit.

Outside Dublin, I would do a loop that takes you for a night in Kinsale and a night near the Cliffs of Moher. It will be pretty long driving days, but totally worth it. Kinsale is a beautiful southern coastal town with colorful buildings and amazing seafood--try dinner at Fishy Fishy Café!

The Cliffs of Moher are a must do, though to be honest there's not a ton of accommodation in the town of Liscannor--be sure to start researching right away, or take a look at Galway City or Limerick--the nearest bigger cities. It's one of the most beautiful places I've been in the world, and it's absolutely worth the driving time!

Have a wonderful trip!

1. Temple Bar (neighborhood)
  2. Guinness Factory Tour (attraction)
  3. Gravity Bar (restaurant)
  4. Trinity College (attraction)
  5. Kinsale (city)
  6. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)
  7. Fishy Fishy Café (restaurant)
  8. Liscannor (city)
  9. Galway City (attraction)
  10. Limerick (city)

Declan from Dublin

The Natural History Museum is really interesting, it's a very old museum but has a good collection.  The Phoenix Park is the largest city park in Europe with some historical buildings and lovely walks, it also has a herd of dear.  

In terms of the rest of the country, the Ring of Kerry is worth going to and Galway is a great city.  

1. Natural History Museum (attraction)
  2. Phoenix Park (attraction)
  3. Ring of Kerry (attraction)

Roy from Trim, County Meath

I would do two days in Dublin and three outside. Dublin is a European city and like most cities, it has lots of city stuff to distract you. The Wild Atlantic Way is where you want to go to see the real Ireland. Personally I would suggest the Ring of Kerry/ Dingle and up to the Cliffs of Moher or, my favourite, the Cliffs to Galway and through Connemara to Mayo. Both are special.

1. Dublin (city)
  2. Wild Atlantic Way (attraction)
  3. Ring of Kerry (attraction)
  4. Dingle (attraction)
  5. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)
  6. Galway (city)
  7. Connemara (city)
  8. Mayo (state)

Carissa from Sydney

Hi Nilufer, Ireland is a spectacular country with one of the best countrysides worldwide. It is a small country so 5 days and you can see a lot and no matter which way you will see fantastic roadside destinations. In Dublin visit The National Leprechaun Museum for a little bit of fun, Guinness Storehouse and The Old Jameson Distillery are both great to get the taste of Dublin, and a walk along the river will allow you to see a beautiful part of the city, and a guide to choose any pub to eat at. I found Dublin fantastic to shopping with many street malls, and a great way to get around on foot. 

Exploring Ireland your first drive should be out to Limerick two hours south west, you can see King John's Castle  then head north east to Cliffs of Moher which cannot be missed! If you take this route you are already halfway to Galway City, from Dublin to Galway this will take over 4 hours so you can end your day trip for a night in Galway to then explore. I haven't visited Galway, instead I journeyed south to Cork from Limerick just to see the Port Of Corkwhere Titanic last sailed from. 

I would take the Galway route.

Check out some fantastic tips and guides for travelling around Ireland with Paddywagon: http://www.paddywagontours.com/blog/

Enjoy!!

1. The National Leprechaun Museum (attraction)
  2. Guinness Storehouse (attraction)
  3. The Old Jameson Distillery (attraction)
  4. Limerick (city)
  5. King John's Castle (attraction)
  6. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)
  7. Galway City (attraction)
  8. Cork (city)
  9. Port Of Cork (attraction)

Lydia

Without question, The Cliffs of Moher.  We took the 8 mile hike back to the charming village of Doolin and it was absolutely breathtaking!  We then took a ferry to the Aran Islands, Inis Mor (Inishmore) to be exact.  My goodness, the most wonderful 3 days of my life.  

1. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)
  2. Doolin (city)
  3. Inishmore (city)