Ann
Boston

Dublin, Prague, Krąków

Travel Tips for Prague and Krakow

My husband and I are traveling to Dublin, Prague, and Krakow in May.  Planning a 2 week trip and looking for travel tips.  We have a laid back style and a mid-range budget.   Not sure if it's better to fly from Ireland to Prague first and continue on to Krakow or go to Krakow first?   Once in Prague, we plan to rent a car to see towns outside the city.   Also, what's the best way to get from Prague to Krakow?   Any advice is appreciated.  

Brenna from Tempe

I love all these places but Prague will always have a special place in my heart. You could easily spend two weeks in Ireland and another two weeks in the Czech Republic before even getting to Poland but I'm sure you've heard that before :)

Whether you go Dublin>Prague>Krakow or Dublin>Krakow>Prague isn't as important. I'd suggest looking at which city is cheaper to fly out of. 

If you can rent a car in the Czech Republic that's great but if you decide against it, you'll probably be able to take a train or bus around the country. If you haven't already decided where you'd want to go outside of Prague, I'd suggest Cesky Krumlov. It's a beautiful little town and definitely worth the trip (probably 3hrs outside of the city).

www.rome2rio.com is great website but also take a look at https://www.studentagency.eu/en/ (not just for students but be careful when buying your ticket) and https://www.elines.cz/en/. Those should help you get between places on the continent. 

You're going to have a blast!

1. Cesky Krumlov (city)

Hi Ann,

May is a great time to travel in Europe. The weather's usually decent and flights are still cheap. You can fly from Dublin to Prague or Krackow with www.ryanair.com direct. This is a budget airline and flights are usually really cheap when booked in advance. It's a little trickier to fly between Prague and Krackow without a stop. Take a look at www.skyscanner.com or www.rome2rio.com for alternate ways. You could drive between both cities in just over 4 hours. Are you planning on driving around Ireland ? I recommend allowing at least 4-5 days with maybe a day in Dublin one in Kilkenny and 2-3 days travelling around Cork and County Kerry or a day or two in Galway and Connemara I have posted lots of tips on Trippy about different parts of Ireland so just check out my profile or I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Hope you have a brilliant holiday! 

1. Dublin (city)
  2. Prague (city)
  3. Ireland (country)
  4. Kilkenny (city)
  5. Cork (city)
  6. County Kerry (state)
  7. Galway (city)
  8. Connemara (city)

Katherine from Baltimore

The train from Prague to Krakow is very easy and a beautiful ride through the country. Get an Airbnb in Prague- it is the cheapest and you can get an amazing apartment for $60-$150 a night in excellent locations. Let me know if you want some good restaurant recommendations for Prague! The countryside outside Prague is so beautiful too so renting a car is a great idea. Don't miss cesky krumlov.

1. Prague (city)
  2. Krakow (city)