Lydia

Dublin

Taxi or Bus from Dublin Airport to Heuston Station?

We are landing in Dublin, Ireland, on Monday, June 9th at 9:30 AM.  We need to get to Heuston Station, so do we spend a little more to take a taxi or do we take the Airlink bus?  We would like to get there as quick as we can.

Gabriella from Netherlands

Hi!

The airport bus is quite good, it stops at a few places but it's still fairly quick. Here is the link with the times: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/7471/

Takes about 45-50 minutes to get to Heuston, depending on traffic.

You would maybe win 15 mins taking the taxi instead, but it can cost you a lot. (Like €40-ish...). If there is more than 2 of you, it can work out, though.

If you take the taxi, I suggest you book one in advance. Taxi companies usually have discounts on pre-booked airport transfers. I used these guys before: http://www.8202020.ie/text-booking--how-it-works-.html

Last time I remember I payed around €18 to get to the airport from my home (few  hundred meters from Heuston).

Ciara from Dublin

747 bus takes you to heuston station, it's the cheapest option, a taxi can set you back about 30 euro depending on whether you take the pricey port tunnel. If you're not traveling at rush hour get the bus :)

Andrea from Varese

I suggest you to take taxi .. it's not very expensive 25 euros to dublin1. 

You can be in dublin really fast. 

Laura - from Dublin

I'd definitely take the 747 bus ... but ... where are you going? A lot of places are served by Bus Eireann (the national bus company) or private operators which you can get directly at the airport and save yourself an hour travelling across the city. 

amanda from Dublin

if you are planning some sight seeing in Dublin you can buy a combination ticket for the Airlink that gives you hop on hop off sightseeing in Dublin over a number of days... check it out at  www.dublinsightseeing.ie/FreedomTicket.aspx