Anna
Naples

Dublin

Bus or students facility

Hi! I'm staying in Dublin next summer (I can't even start saying how happy and excited I am) and I was wondering if there are some facilities for students or some sorts of discounts at all. Thank you for helping!

Ceara from Dublin

Hi Anna! If you're studying in Ireland for the summer you should be able to apply for a Student Travel Card. It costs around €15 but gives you discounts in loads of places and it doubles as a Leap Card. These are cards we can top up with money to use on transport in Dublin; Dublin Bus, Dart and Luas all take them and fares are cheaper when you use this card rather than cash!

If you're accommodation isn't sorted, where you're studying should know of student accommodation. Otherwise look on Daft.ie. That website always has landlords looking for people to rent rooms for the summer months. 

Dublin is a great city and if you get a student travel card you'll get discounts left right and center. Have a great time! :)

Padraig from Bunnanaddan, Sligo, Ireland

Ya there is a student leap card but it costs €20. So unless you plan on making more than 2 bus trips a week it mightn't be worth it!