Emily

Dublin

Best time of year to visit Dublin, Ireland?

What is the best time of year to visit Dublin, Ireland? Thinking about a 4-5 day trip.

Stephanie from Los Angeles

Hi Emily,

I went to Ireland this past May (end of the month) and thought it was lovely! I was told the weather was unseasonably cool and it is usually warmer & slightly less rainy than what I experienced. However, I thought it was delightful, especially in DublinCork and Clare were much cooler and wetter than Dublin, but it's Ireland so I expected rain & wind. Enjoy your trip- it has been my favorite country by far out of all the many I've been too!

1. Dublin (city)
  2. Cork (city)
  3. Clare (state)

Renee from California

I'm looking to go in 2016 after I retire with my husband. I figured June- July would be the best weather there from what I was able to find on weather.com. I am looking forward to going to see where my fathers ancestors came from.

Raguraj from Toronto

I went last September, it was a little cheaper to travel then vs. summer. It was great during the days, and a little chilly during the evenings. Nothing a sweater can't take care of! That's my recommendation if you're looking for a bit of warm weather and better flight cost.

Kamal from Kota Kinabalu

I would say it has to be around May-June. You want to be there when the sun is out and the rain haven't come yet. because it always rain in Ireland.

Erin from Kimberly, Wisconsin

Hi Emily, I've been to Ireland a couple of times. February 28th - March 16th is when I went and it was nice weather a bit cool (in the 60's). And, I went again a different year in May and it was beautiful sunny weather in the mid 70's. 

You can get all 4 seasons in a day in Ireland AT ANY TIME. However May/June and September are usually loveliest. As they say here: "There is no bad weather, just the wrong clothes" In terms of tourist numbers Dublin never gets too crowded but July-August or March 15th - 17th would normally be busiest.

1. Dublin (city)

M from Michigan

I went in September 2015. Strangely, we had 16 straight days with no rain! If you look at a weather chart there's rain every month almost a constant amount. I agree with the suggestion to visit the West Coast and the southern west coast of Ireland very beautiful.

Abbi from Northeast

We visited at the end of June/beginning of July and it was wonderful! But, it's probably always wonderful in Dublin. 

fiona from Dublin

May/june is probably the best time. September can be pretty good also.