Dublin (California)

What's the best neighborhood in Dublin (California) for a first time visitor?

I've never been to Dublin (California) and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the hotel options. I'd like to stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Dublin (California) is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Ahson from Dublin (California)

Hi Katie,

I live in Dublin and I guess the first question is - why are you visiting? Are you thinking of moving to/living in the area? Or just to visit friends? I suppose what you may be looking for is different depending on your objective.

Dublin, while growing, isn't very big, so I can't say there's anything "not central". It also depends on your budget... but for a chain hotel, I don't think you can beat the DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club right at the 580/680 interchange. It's accessible via both major freeways running through Dublin. There's a Pleasanton Marriotton the opposite side of the 680 (though techincally you're in Pleasanton south of the 580) and a Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton that's in the nearby Hacienda Crossings shopping area.

Dublin Boulevard is the main road running through Dublin and you'll find all kinds of places to eat - my favorite Indian place is Shalimar Restaurant and my favorite Afghan place is Pamir Restaurant - parks to chill out in - Emerald Glen Park is awesome - and great places to shop as well - in addition to the shops at Hacienda Commons, there's the Whole Foods at Persimmon Place, of course the large shopping mall at Stoneridge Shopping Center, and the San Francisco Premium Outlets off of Fallon Road (pretty much the far eastern border of Dublin, with lots of new housing being built there).

For experiencing some older city charm though, I would go into neighboring downtown Pleasanton, on Main Street, preferably on a Saturday morning (9am-12pm), when they hold a mini-Farmers market of sorts on the intersection of West Angela Street and Main Street. There's tons of great places to eat on Main Street as well, like Blue Agave Club, and Oasis Grille. The The Rose Hotel is popular amongst my co-workers when they come to visit, but this is quite pricey I think.

As Aditi mentioned, the Dublin/Pleasanton station will give you access to downtown San Francisco if you want to take public transit.

If you have specific questions, let us know so we can give you better suggestions.

Hope that helps,

Ahson

1. DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at The Club (hotel)
  2. Pleasanton Marriott (hotel)
  3. Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton (hotel)
  4. Hacienda Crossings (attraction)
  5. Shalimar Restaurant (restaurant)
  6. Pamir Restaurant (restaurant)
  7. Emerald Glen Park (attraction)
  8. Persimmon Place (attraction)
  9. Stoneridge Shopping Center (attraction)
  10. San Francisco Premium Outlets (attraction)
  11. Main Street (attraction)
  12. West Angela Street (attraction)
  13. Blue Agave Club (restaurant)
  14. Oasis Grille (restaurant)
  15. The Rose Hotel (hotel)
  16. Dublin/Pleasanton (attraction)

Aditi

It is a suburb/residential area 40 miles from San Francisco. The Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton maybe a great location, close to the freeway ,shopping complex which has lots of restaurants, and IMAX movie theater. Also close to the BART (train/Subway) in case you want to visit San Francisco.

1. San Francisco (city)
  2. Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton (hotel)