Miriam
Seattle

Dubai

Hotels and resorts in Dubai

I'm finally ready to take my dream trip to Dubai!  I've been hearing about the monstrous hotels that they've been building there and I'd really love to stay at one and at least check out a few others.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I feel like those could be attractions in and of themselves!

Brew from Manhattan Beach

Dubai is great. I think the hotels in Dubai are one of the main attractions, because they're so over the top.

The Address Downtown Dubai is a GREAT hotel. Right by the Dubai Mall overlooking the fountain and Burj Khalifa... beautifully designed hotel, great pool area, rooms are awesome. Highly recommend it.  Make sure to get a room that faces the fountain and Burj Khalifa.

The  Armani Hotel is a very stylish hotel... the lounge is a good place to grab a drink and the restaurants are very good. Armani/Amal (the Indian restaurant) was very good.

Atlantis, The Palm has never really appealed to me, but it is pretty impressive to walk through... grab a dirnk near the lobby area and people watch.

I am not a mall guy, but I have to say, The Dubai Mall by The Address that I mentioned earlier was a worthwhile experience... the watch section alone is worth spending some time. Walking in to a store and trying on $500,000 watches is a surreal experience. If you want another surreal experience... you can scuba dive in the aquarium in the mall. Something very interesting about swimming with sharks, while looking out to the pedestrian traffic in the mall and seeing a group of women in burkas staring back at you.

If you want a good place to unwind, go to Barasti, which is a great bar on the beach/ water in the Dubai Marina area. Normally a very good scene...more casual that a lot of the clubs and normally a good crowd.

Something else cool to check out is  Ski Dubai. I did not do this on my visit, but all my buddies did and I kind of regret not joining. The novelty factor could be worth it if you have time. After all, it is a great example of the craziness of the place.

On your way home, if you have time to kill at the Dubai Airport - Dubai - United Arab Emirates, there's a great spa in the airport. Nice to loosen up with a massage and shower up before a long flight. Especially useful if you have an evening flight and checked out early in the day.

1. The Address Downtown Dubai (hotel)
  2. Dubai Mall (attraction)
  3. Atlantis, The Palm (hotel)
  4. Armani Hotel (hotel)
  5. Barasti (attraction)
  6. Ski Dubai (attraction)
  7. Dubai Airport - Dubai - United Arab Emirates (hotel)
  8. The Dubai Mall (attraction)
  9. Armani/Amal (restaurant)
  10. Burj Khalifa (attraction)

Beverly from Dubai

Not sure what you budget is but I'd recommend Atlantis, The PalmBurj Al Arab and the beautiful Anantara Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa

1. Atlantis, The Palm (hotel)
  2. Burj Al Arab (hotel)
  3. Anantara Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa (hotel)

Shaymaa from Kuwait

Atlantis, The Palm in the Palm is popular with it's own attraction. (http://atlantisthepalm.com)

If you are in for shopping, most of the malls have an adjacent hotel. Most popular is Dubai Mall, with The Address Dubai Mall attached. Next to it, The Address Downtown Dubai overlooks Burj Khalifa and the fountains.

1. Atlantis, The Palm (hotel)
  2. Dubai Mall (attraction)
  3. The Address Dubai Mall (hotel)
  4. The Address Downtown Dubai (hotel)

Shauna from Santa Monica, California

The Atlantis, The Palm is interesting if a little over the top. 

1. Atlantis, The Palm (hotel)