Viru asked

Burj Khalifa visit during layover in Dubai

I am Indian Resident. I have flight back to India from London and I have layover in Dubai of 8 hrs. I will land in Dubai around 8 in morning and I have flight back to Mumbai at 4 PM. I have booked emirates flight so will get visa from Emirates website and I am planning to book ticket for Bhurj Khalifa for 11 AM slot. Basically, I am planning 4 hours for Dubai visit. I will be back in airport in before 2 hours from departure. Does this plan sound feasible? If yes, What else I can plan during my Visit?

Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Lixandru

You can visit Burj Khalifa/ Dubai Mall Metro Station, take care even if you bought the tickets online, when you will be there, you'll will wait about 30 minutes to go in. But it is worth it , the view from Burj Khalifa at the floor 124 is WOW ! 

Muna from Dubai

Maybe its doable, but it going to be tight, and be aware of TRAFFIC.  I guess its best to take a taxi, and check with them about estimated trip duration for both ways.  If you will be in Dubai Airport - Dubai - United Arab Emirates, its not that far, about 20-25 minutes, but with traffic it can take longer.  I guess the Burj visit will take an hour, the rest can be spent in parts of the mall, as it is a huge mall. Good luck

Viru
I will be in DXB airport and yes travelling from emirates....I think I can catch metro train from airport so traffic willing not be concern...Am I correct?

Muna
I don't use the metro, so I am not very sure, maybe be give it a half an hour per trip. Or maybe you can check the Dubai metro website if they would offer any info about that.

Eric

Your plan can easily work - you can take the public transport (metro) and get off at The Dubai Mall ... it is a distance from that stop to the Mall and Burj Khalifa/ Dubai Mall Metro Station ( in same location) bout all is covered - has sitcon and automated pathways so very simple and easy.  

In the Mall there is enough around so you will easy fill your time

Chris from Orange (California)

Suggest that you first take a cab to "old Dubai". Tell your driver you want to go to the "Dubai Gold Souk" and you will see all the wonderful ancient buildings that were there long before the architectural wonders of the "new" Dubai. From there, you can take the subway right to the Dubai Mall, which is where you will connect to your Bhurj Khalifa experience. From the Bhurj, it'll be super easy to catch a cab, either from the building itself, from the mall or the area hotels. I always found it extra easy to walk over to The Address hotel to catch a cab. No lines and superior service. Enjoy!