Lino

Downtown Austin, Austin

Bachelor Party Weekend

Hello,

I'm planning a bachelor party for 3 days Friday-Sunday in late August.

Some activities we were thinking of:

* boating/jet skiing on the lake (which lake is best?)

* going out to a nice steak restaurant as well as a fantastic bbq joint

* bars/hang outs

* other fun activities that are unique to Downtown Austin

Any other suggestions are welcomed as well! Thanks for all your help!

mark from United States

Well the lakes are very low and some watercraft might be restricted, so I'm not sure for some of the upper lakes. Ladybird lake in downtown Austin offers stand up paddleboats, canoe rentals & kayak rentals.

For a good steak my recommendation is an Austin local, Austin Land and Cattle (ALC Steaks).  They used to have a pretty good happy hour too, so check that out.  For BBQ, my recommendation is County Line at the Lake (The County Line).  Get the mixed plate, which is a lot of food and around $16? but you get a sampling of food and it is fall off the bone, mouth watering good!

Bars and hangouts, can't help you much on that, I'm older and 'coupled' so we don't get out that much to the bar scene, although I did have a good conversation with a co-worker the other day about a place called Barbellas (Barbarella) which has 80's music on Friday nights I think.  Check it out here:

https://www.facebook.com/barbarella.austin.9

Other unique things, make sure you grab a bottle of wine and have a seat in the grassy area next to the Austin American statesman (around dusk) and watch the bats come out of the Congress avenue bridge. Truly uniquely Austin.

Most of all, when you come, just be nice and smile.  We like that here.

1. ALC Steaks (restaurant)
  2. The County Line (restaurant)
  3. Barbarella (restaurant)

kim from Austin (Texas)

The lakes are down right now. Lake Travis being the one for boating but you can kayak. Lady Bird Lake and for bars/nightlife. W 6th St For bbq -Rudy's Country Store And Bar-B-Q or Salt Lick BBQ and steak depends on your budget.

1. Lake Travis (attraction)
  2. Lady Bird Lake (attraction)
  3. W 6th St (attraction)
  4. Rudy's Country Store And Bar-B-Q (attraction)
  5. Salt Lick BBQ (restaurant)