Ja
Tallinn

Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, Cabarete, Samana

How reach from Punta Cana to Cabarete

Hi all, We want to travel from Punta Cana to Cabarete , but not via Santo Domingo.

Is there any possibility to use some direct busses or plane ?  We found that dominicanshuttle.com offer transfer to Samana. Is there any company/busses from Samana to Cabarete? (Dominicanshuttle offer private transfer from Samana to Cabarete, but this is very expensive)

I look forward to receive your answer or links.

MaryAnn from Albuquerque

Ja, 

Hey we used private transfer and shuttle to both locations. Could not find (or figure out) the public transport!!! Ask your hotel if they can recommend transportation. Samana is REMOTE. If I recall correctly it was about 30 miles from the airport but a 3 hour drive which rivaled any roller coaster I've ever been on!!! It might be worth your money for private transfer... Good luck, both places are worth the trouble / expense to get to.

Carlos from Santo Domingo

Hello Ja, unfortunately there is no land connection between Punta Cana (east side) and Cabarete (North Side) without passing Santo Domingo. You can take charter flights between Punta Cana and Puerto Plata, you can call http://www.aircentury.com/horario-vuelo.pdf or contact a local travel agency and they can help you with that.

1. Cabarete (city)
  2. Punta Cana (region)
  3. Puerto Plata (city)

Anh from San Francisco

Unfortunately, the last time I checked, I don't think there are direct buses from Punta Cana to Cabarete. Like you mentioned, although going through Santo Domingo seems out of the way, it's actually the best option in terms of cost and time. From Punta Cana, you'd take the Expreso Bavaro to Santo Domingo and then a local bus to Puerto Plata. The Expreso costs 400 pesos. The total trip should be about 8 hours.

Even though it's more expensive, I'd recommend flying. There are no commercial airlines that serve daily routes. Only private planes. Go to the Punta Cana Airport and ask information. It should be anywhere around $100-150. Hope this helps.

1. Punta Cana (region)
  2. Cabarete (city)

Lynette from Santiago (Dominican Republic)

Well i don't know who can do this kind of trip by plane, if you look in the map you'll see that you're traveling from corner to corner , La Altagracia Province at your east to the Northcoast to Puerto Plata. Hope you can find a great idea to move it. 

1. La Altagracia Province (state)
  2. Puerto Plata (city)