Humbert asked

Transit to Doha

Hello there...

I'm travelling with Philippine passport with Multiple visa to Israel and It's my first time to book a flight via Doha airport to Israel with lay over of 8 hours!, based on my itinerary I have to claim my baggage and do "check-in" again, My question is " How can I claim my checked-in luggage from the carousel since I don't have transit visa  to exit from the immigration and I'm out of the said "GCC State" that qualifies me to free visa? . I prefer to stay in the vicinity of the airport.  As far as i know, carousels are generally located or found after passing through the immigration before you exit. Not unless Immigration will grant me to give a visa on the spot with my documents needed. Thank you...

Your help is highly appreciated

HKG Holyland

Doha

Gregory from Colorado Springs, Colorado

Not sure about documents, but the transfer took less than 10 minutes. Not sure you can get your bag, so I would prepare on having what you need with you. I remember them saying things about having a way to get around to see Doha in the airport, so I imagine there is someway to facilitate visas there.

Cathy from Brussels

Hi HumbertAd Dawhah airport in Doha is very security conscious, and is configured to allow you to do this.

Presumably you are flying with Qatar Airlines?  If so, and you have 8 hours in transit, then perhaps consider doing the free Doha city tour that they offer to passengers in transit?  You get a free day visa on arrival, and are accompanied at all times by a guide.  We did this when we transited via Doha, and found it well worthwhile.  I can't say that Doha is somewhere I'd consider as a stand alone tourist destination, but the architecture is really cutting edge and the tour guides are pretty good, so it's an interesting way to spend a couple of hours.  They even give you a complimentary bottle of very cold water ;)

Follow this link for more details: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/offers/doha-city-tour.page

Humbert
Thanks you Cathy for that great info...though I'm not flying with Qatar airways but I found it very interesting. Thanks so much...appreciated . Have a pleasant day...

1. Ad Dawhah (attraction)