Rocky
Atlanta

Does anyone know where to share travel progress/photos when traveling?

Any suggestions on sharing updates and photos during your trip? Not a Facebook or twitter person and looking to upload photos and share them with a few family friends along the way.

JR from Manhattan Beach

We (trippy) built an app called Group Album to do just that. It allows multiple to post to one album and you can invite just the friends/family to view it via the app or web. It's sweet. My family uses it everyday. Here's the apple App Store. Group Album - Social Photo Sharing by Trippy.com 

https://appsto.re/us/os8tI.i 

There is an android version too.

Josh from Baton Rouge

There are many different options available.  My favorite is Google Photos as unlimited photo storage is free.  Google Photos would allow you to share the album and also always have access to the pictures anywhere in the world.

Kristal from San Francisco

Marc,

You can get a dropbox , which will help take the pictures off your phone or camera and you can share it with whoever you choose. You can also set up a free blog on Wordpress so you can add notes, stories etc. Or you can sign up for Flikr, a website specifically designed to share photos.

Hope this helps.

-Kristal

Michael from New York City

I agree that Drop Box is a good solution. I think that "Google Photos" a new app also can do this easily.  That is available for Android and Apple IOS.   Lastly, if everyone is on apple IOS, then you can share directly from icloud photo sharing on your iphone (or MAC).

terrell from Malibu

Google Photo's is a fantastic and easy way to share photos, albums. At the same time it automatically backs up all the photos you have taken for safekeeping. Works on both android and ios platform. If you are using a regular handheld camera that does not have social sharing abilities it's just as easy to download your pics to your laptop at the end of the day and share to your private groups/individuals. Have fun!

Nam from Bangkok

I use Line App.

In Thailand, Southeast Asia and Japan, it is one of the most popular mobile app for chatting, sending photos, clips and files to each other and groups.

Line have PC version too.

Not sure about SnapChat and WeChat, may be the same or slightly different.

1. Thailand (country)
  2. Southeast Asia (region)
  3. Japan (country)

Richard

I found a good travel blogging website, http://www.ontheroad.to . It works on IOS, Android and Desktop (Web) and can upload your photos and location data to a map too. 

Quinn from Hanoi

My suggestion is:

- Dropbox

- Google Drive ( Best for gmail user)

- Flickr ( Best for yahoo mail user)

Maja from Stockholm

If you're an Apple user then it's now super easy to share a specific iPhoto album with certain people. Check it out!

But if you're a windows person...then sorry I have no idea.

Cheers!

Kelly from Rome

Another option if you and your family don't all have iPhones (otherwise just share albums and you don't have to do anything) that also has a good app is Flickr. It's very easy to use and has 1 terabyte of free space and an app for both android and iOS.