Melissa

Melissa from Chicago asked

Best cheap eats and things to do in the Detroit/Dearborn area?

I am looking for good fried chicken and burger places in Detroit and also the Dearborn area. Heading there is a few weeks with my dad for Father's Day. He is a fussy, non-fancy food eater. Any recommendations?

We will be in Detroit to visit the DIA and then in Dearborn doing the Henry Ford/Greenfield Village experience. Anything else we shouldn't miss?

Detroit (Michigan)   Dearborn (Michigan)

Danielle from Toronto

There's lot of great places to eat, check out Hell Yeah Detroit for some good insider tips. A few ideas off the top of my head (although I haven't been home in a while so I'm a bit rusty):

Slows Bar-B-Q is always a delicious option. 

Foran's Grand Trunk Pub is a neat venue to be in since it used to be the old Grand Trunk Ticket Station

Lafayette Coney Island doesn't fit the type of food you're looking for but worth the stop if you've never had a Coney Island hotdog before. 

1. Slows Bar-B-Q (restaurant)
  2. Foran's Grand Trunk Pub (attraction)
  3. Lafayette Coney Island (restaurant)
Colleen from Canada

I will be heading back to Dearborn soon, too. We love Buddy's Pizza on Michigan Avenue and Zingerman's Delicatessen in Ann Arbor

1. Buddy's Pizza (restaurant)
  2. Zingerman's Delicatessen (attraction)
linda from Brighton (Michigan)

You need to visit the Eastern Market and eat at Supino Pizzeria on 2457 Russell Street, in Detroit.  Also go to Greektown in Detroit there are a number of good restaurants and there is always things going on in Hart Plaza, in Detroit 

1. Eastern Market (attraction)
  2. Supino Pizzeria (restaurant)
  3. Greektown (attraction)