Elizabeth

Denver

What's your perfect day in Denver (in June)?

I'll be in Denver for a couple of days in June, and I may have one solo day to explore. What should I see? Where should I go? 

My good days in a city setting tend to include good places to walk, eat, have a beer or tea, see whatever  passes as local nature, and maybe get ice cream in the afternoon. If you have ideas that fit my preferences, great. But you can also tell me yours -- even if it doesn't seem to match me. What museums? What shops? What activities?

And yes, I'll see a Rockies game while I'm there, too.

Heidi from Colorado

Denver is a beautiful city in June.

I'd recommend walking Larimer St and checking out Larimer Square.

I am in love with the newly remodeled LoDo. The The Crawford Hotel is probably my favorite hotel in Colorado right now. If you can't stay there, at least have a drink at Cooper Lounge and maybe lunch at the Mercantile Dining & Provisions. They always have a nice beer lineup as well so you can get something unique with lunch. 

Another fun restaurant is My Brother's Bar near REI. For ice cream just head up the hill to Little Man Ice Cream. I'm not really an ice cream person, but people rave about this place! 

For a nice walk check out the park around the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Lots of birds and ponds to see and some gorgeous flowers in the summer. 

If you are looking for an authentic Colorado experience I'd suggest jumping on light rail and going to the The Buckhorn Exchange

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. Denver is such a great city!!!  

1. Larimer St (attraction)
  2. Larimer Square (attraction)
  3. LoDo (attraction)
  4. The Crawford Hotel (hotel)
  5. Cooper Lounge (restaurant)
  6. Mercantile Dining & Provisions (restaurant)
  7. My Brother's Bar (restaurant)
  8. REI (attraction)
  9. Little Man Ice Cream (attraction)
  10. Denver Museum of Nature and Science (attraction)
  11. The Buckhorn Exchange (restaurant)

Elizabeth, 

Those things Jacey suggested for Neil are great for a day in Denver.  There are also some great trails downtown that run along Cherry Creek and the confluence with the Platte River.  I used to run that trail almost every day when I lived in Denver.  I'll add some food options that I am craving now.  AcornSteuben'sEuclid Hall Bar & Kitchen, and a friend of ours recently opened a Jazz Club/restaurant that is off to a great start in the "RiNO" area of downtown called Nocturne.  Have fun!

1. Acorn (restaurant)
  2. Steuben's (restaurant)
  3. Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen (restaurant)
  4. Nocturne (restaurant)

Gabriel from Santa Fe

The Denver Botanic Gardens east of downtown in the Cherry Creek neighborhood are great as well. Both the Denver Art Museum and Denver Museum of Nature and Science are good picks as well. If you are a history buff, the Molly Brown House Museum on cap hill is good as well. If you are in LoDo you should check out the dining options at both The Source and the newly renovated Denver Union Station. There is are many excellent dining options in LoDo and tHighland. Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen is a great high end beer joint off of Larimer square and also boasts the only Fleuvog show store in the region as one of its neighbors! Enjoy your stay. Wear sunscreen( high elevation leads to easy sunburn) and be prepared for the temperature to be anywhere from 50-90 degrees.

1. Denver Botanic Gardens (attraction)
  2. Cherry Creek (neighborhood)
  3. Denver Art Museum (attraction)
  4. Denver Museum of Nature and Science (attraction)
  5. Molly Brown House Museum (attraction)
  6. The Source (attraction)
  7. Denver Union Station (attraction)
  8. LoDo (attraction)
  9. Highland (neighborhood)
  10. Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen (restaurant)