Pamela

Denver

Traveling in April

I will be attending a wedding the 2nd weekend in April. I've heard the weather can be all over the place. What kind of weather should I expect both day and night? I'm coming from Houston which generally warm and humid.

Thank you! 

Janice from Golden, CO

Hi Pamela - You are absolutely right about the the Denver weather.  We just had warm and sunny days in the 70s here, and tomorrow we're going to get several inches of snow.  It can definitely be like that in April too.

I would absolutely include layers.  Bring both long sleeve and short sleeve items, a sweater and/or vest, slacks and/or jeans, and definitely the waterproof footwear that Jelena mentioned in her post.  Check the weather forecast just before you get here.  That'll tell you a lot about what to bring in terms of outerwear, like a heavier jacket or a fleece hoodie.  

Jelena from Los Feliz

Pack something for rain/thunderstorms, something for cool nights, and something for warm days. There's always a chance of snow so waterproof footwear of some kind is a good idea. In general it'll be in the 70s in the daytime and 40s at night.

Debbie from Boulder, Colorado

So it is snowing here right now! I would prepare for any type of weather…. I would bring a coat because you don't want to freeze your chi chi's off. Beautiful time of the year. You could also google for the weather before your head out. Have fun!