Neil
Baton Rouge

Neil from Baton Rouge asked

Free things to do in Denver?

I will be here for a week on a budget. What are the best free or inexpensive things the city has to offer? I'm open to all suggestions -- I'm fairly active and like being outdoors and also enjoy music, art, breweries, and museums. 

Denver

Patrick from Denver

Take a walk around the pond in City Park and walk up the hill toward the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, on a clear day you'll get a good view with the skyline, the mountains, the pond and the late-1920s boathouse/community building all in one. 

Confluence Park is a good place to sit and people watch on a sunny day. It's the point where the South Platte and Cherry creeks meet. 

Check to see if there are free days at the Denver Art Museum, they will periodically open their doors for a day once or twice a month, especially during the summer. 

Scrape together a few bucks and get ice cream from Sweet Action Ice CreamIce Cream Riot or Liks Ice Cream

1. City Park (attraction)
  2. Denver Museum of Nature and Science (attraction)
  3. Confluence Park (attraction)
  4. Denver Art Museum (attraction)
  5. Sweet Action Ice Cream (attraction)
  6. Ice Cream Riot (attraction)
  7. Liks Ice Cream (restaurant)
Martin from Colorado

Try looking at Westword www.westword.com and 5280.com, http://www.5280.com/cultureandevents/digital/2015/06/10-mostly-free-things-do-june-2015-edition (I think they have past months too).

Red Rocks Amphitheatre16th Street MallDenver Art MuseumCity Park (Jazz in the Park on Sundays), Denver Museum of Nature and Science and American Museum of Western Art--The Anschutz Collection and Museo De Las Americas.  I believe all those museums have free days go to their web sites.  

Also Art District on Santa Fe has first Fridays (of the month) open galleries.  I think River North Art District has started something similar to it on another night. 

Break the bank Coors Field and get rock pile seats the day of a game for 4 bucks (at the box office and King Soopers) go early scalpers will sell them for about $8-10.

Try farmer's market's.   

Sheila from Denver

The Denver Mint is always interesting. Tours fill up quickly so call ahead. Also check out www.milehighonthecheap.com/

1. Denver Mint (attraction)