Theresa
Floresville

Denver, Colorado

Best scenic areas to stay in Denver?

Can anyone recommend what area of Denver to stay in. We would like to take the scenery in. When I look for a hotel, there are so many areas and I do not know which is better. Also, can you recommend things to see or do. Thanks so much

Heidi from Colorado

Check out the Table Mountain Inn in Golden (Colorado). Just west of Denver you can actually take the light rail back and forth from downtown Denver is you don't want to drive. 

Golden is a wonderful little town. It feels like it's small and remote, but it's actually close to everything.

As for a room with a balcony with a view. I have fond memories of sitting on a sunlit patio there drinking a beer and taking in the fantastic view. 

Also, the The Westin Westminster has amazing views and if you are into the mall thing, there's one across the street. :-) 

We had a great room with a view at the Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in downtown Denver. We were on a high floor and our view looked over the Denver Performing Arts Center and towards the mountains. Watched a beautiful sunset that night. 

1. Table Mountain Inn (hotel)
  2. Golden (Colorado) (city)
  3. The Westin Westminster (hotel)
  4. the Curtis Denver - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel (hotel)

Stay as far west of the city as possible. That's where the mountains start to kick in. I'd recommend walking and driving around Red Rocks Upper North Lot. I'd also suggest continuing west to Frisco (Colorado). That whole area is amazing. Denver itself isn't exactly scenic. But that whole mountain area is absolutely perfect scenery.

I've stayed at the Dillon Inn (run by a very nice Russian family) and the Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge a few times each. Liked 'em both. They're close to the Dillon Reservoir, which is very scenic (especially in winter). They're also a short walk to breweries and restaurants.

1. Upper North Lot (attraction)
  2. Frisco (Colorado) (city)
  3. Dillon Inn (hotel)
  4. Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge (hotel)
  5. Dillon Reservoir (attraction)